I made a decent sized mistake today that you may learn from.
- Our Admins just setup a PowerApps DEV Environment.
- Time to move all the apps in various stages of development to DEV and use the Default Env as PROD.
- Seems pretty straightforward:
1. Export app (and any Custom Connectors) from PROD
2. Switch to DEV env
3. Import app (and any Custom Connectors) into DEV
4. Save app
5. Share with the correct folks
6. Delete app from PROD
7. Repeat for each app until PROD is cleaned up
- Welp... theres a BIG catch
- When you export an app, it only exports the last PUBLISHED version
- Whats the big deal? Well... Turns out I had a few apps that were under fairly heavy development that I had just been SAVING... not PUBLISHING.
Lesson learned: STEP 1: PUBLISH then proceed.
Hope this helps!
Go to Solution.
Thanks for your post and share.
View solution in original post
Ouch, even just reading that felt painful! Thanks for sharing this so that others don't make the same mistake 🙂
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.