Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
holtzclaw42
Level: Powered On

LastSubmit not working correctly in html post form success

I have a form that when successfully executed does the following:

Office365.SendEmail(PurchasingEmail, "New Supply Order Request, Order#: "&SupplyRequestView_Form.LastSubmit.ID&" has been approved.", SupplyRequestApproved_HTML.HtmlText, {Importance:Normal, IsHtml:true, Cc:MFGLeadsEmail&","&MFGManagersEmail})

The ID returns correctly in the subject field of the email.

As seen above, the body is HTML. Here's an applicable snippet:

<tr>
<td width=49%>" & " Order Number " & "</td>
<td width=1%>:</td>
<td width=50%>" & SupplyRequestView_Form.LastSubmit.ID & "</td>
</tr>

The SupplyRequestView_Form.LastSubmit.ID works in the subject, but NOT in the HTML email. It and all other fields in the HTML when calling against the .LastSubmit method return blank.

What am I missing here? This is extremely frustrating. I have certain forms where the post-success .LastSubmit call works perfectly fine in HTML emails and others, such as in this example, where I get nothing but blanks. I can't find a causal relationship. Any help or insight would be extrememly appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephen

6 REPLIES 6
holtzclaw42

Re: LastSubmit not working correctly in html post form success

As a further update, I've discovered the following:

This works perfectly when tested through the edit application (via development mode). All .LastSubmit values are gathered and populated correctly in the email.

However, when tested as a deployed app (outside of development mode) the .LastSubmit values are not populated in the email.

Another observation is that when the form is in new mode, the emails with the .LastSubmit method appear to work perfectly when SubmitForm is invoked.

However, when a form is in edit mode, the emails with the .LastSubmit method appear to not work and return blank values consistently when SubmitForm is invoked.

That seems like more than a coinsedence. Any thoughts? 

satishpandey

I also have the same problem.

Any suggestion ?

sgrpdl

Any body got the solution.. I too have same issues. Any one found the solution for this??

@holtzclaw42 wrote:

As a further update, I've discovered the following:

This works perfectly when tested through the edit application (via development mode). All .LastSubmit values are gathered and populated correctly in the email.

However, when tested as a deployed app (outside of development mode) the .LastSubmit values are not populated in the email.

Another observation is that when the form is in new mode, the emails with the .LastSubmit method appear to work perfectly when SubmitForm is invoked.

However, when a form is in edit mode, the emails with the .LastSubmit method appear to not work and return blank values consistently when SubmitForm is invoked.

That seems like more than a coinsedence. Any thoughts? 

Administrator
Administrator

Bumping for visibility 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

satishpandey

Thanks for checking in..

Just I posted in my previous post. Everything works fine except for the last part...

I am sending a notification email directly from PowerApp (without using a flow), everything works fine except From email is the showing as requester email id, is there a way we can change from email to any specific Shared mailbox which my group uses.

I have done this in the flow where we define from to our shared mailbox but I don't know how to do this from PowerApps.

sgrpdl

What i did for my html case, and this worked for me..

<p>ID: "&  Last('Sharepointlistnamehere').ID+1    &" </p>

---

Last('Sharepointlistnamehere').ID+1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 188 members 6,353 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: