cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wnzn
Level 8

Latest PowerApps update breaks SharePoint list form

I had to change a few things to a PowerApps custom SharePoint form. After publishing, I could not save new items in the list anymore. After trying out all kind of things, I decided to abandon my changes and revert back to the version I know was working. By restoring the app, it also went back to PowerApps release 2.0.762. Now my form was working once again.

As I became increasingly suspicious about the nature of this problem, I decided to change just the display name of one of the fields (can't save without a change) and publish once more (to release 2.0.783). Guess what, I couldn't save new items in the list anymore.

Just great, wasting half a day trying to find out what I've done wrong only to figure out this is yet another backend change breaking things. Don't bother looking for release notes, there are none.

This "InfoPath replacement" really feels unfinished.

powerapps.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Latest PowerApps update breaks SharePoint list form

Hi @wnzn,

The current version should be version 2.0.791, would you please check it again to see if the form would work?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/release-notes

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wnzn
Level 8

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your response. The release notes only shows dates, not version numbers. It is also obvious not all changes are documented as the last update is from 12 feb.

Anyway, on topic: the PowerApps version is now 2.0.795 but the form still can't be saved. Only a restore to version 2.0.762 fixes this, even if the only change is the background color of a datacard for example.

Highlighted
wnzn
Level 8

Just to be complete: the newest release does fix this problem, if you throw away & recreate your app/form from the ground up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,582)