cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_O365_
Level: Powered On

Leave request template - no data in Excel

Hello Everyone,

I am new at Powerapps and would be glad to get help from You. I am trying to create app by using Leave request template. As there is a lot of information about it I managed to work with Collections in order to create new leave types, change entitlement and etc., but cannot figure out what is the problem that after submitting and approving requests no data is saved in connected data source (Excel stored in One drive for business).

I've tried to test it with completely new (not customized app) and situation is the same - no data is uploaded to Excel.

Maybe there should be some additional modifications made for this app in order to get it work or some settings should be enabled for my account? 

Thank You for Your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
SkiDK
Level 8

Re: Leave request template - no data in Excel

Does the excel file have a saved table in it? As you add an excel as a datasource, you'll need to collect the table information inside the excel file and not the file itself. This way you can save multiple tables in one excel and extract data from all of them. 

If this is the case, try to save your data in the excel file into a table. You can do this by selecting all your data, then go to the Insert tab and press Table. It will put the data into a table which you can then save with a name. When you then open this file as a datasource in Powerapps, you can select this table collect and store data.

Capture.PNG

I'm not sure if it works by just extracting data form an excel file, but for other datasources you as well have to link with a source, and search for tables inside the datasource. If you want to store data, the application has to know the datasource, the table and in which column the data has to be stored.

I hope this helps, if this is actually the case, but you can try.

_O365_
Level: Powered On

Re: Leave request template - no data in Excel

SkiDK,

Thanks for Your answer, but I guess this is not the case as my Excel file has three different sheets (Holiday, Balance, Leave) with formated tables inside. All of them are connected as data sources to Leave request app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,806)