cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tristanrobinson
Level: Powered On

Licencing Question

I am currently trying to create a production environment for my powerapps on an e3 licence but its not clear whether this licence grants you access to do this. I have a feeling this only grants you plan 1 features, of which creating this environment is not part of it. Would someone be able to clarify?

On e5 I have the ability required to do what I want but its on a different azure tenancy. I didnt think there was a difference between e3/e5 licences when it comes to powerapps plans?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
tristanrobinson

Re: Licencing Question

Unfortunately they are not, confirmed via support ticket. I must have a licence somehow.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

The E3 and E5 get the same license in PowerApps and that is "PowerApps for Office 365". This plan is actual a step below the Plan 1. Sometimes you are given a trial license for P1 or P2 but they are only trial offers are not part of your O365 license.

Here is a page that shows what you get for each license type.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
tristanrobinson

I know that was what the page was suggesting but it seems like as an e5 user I have a plan 2 plan when i log into powerapps, however under e3 i dont see this. I expected them to be the same but I'm seeing differences.

Super User
Super User

I am in a similar situation. I have an E5 but my P2 capacities are coming from a P2 Trial subscription. If you review your subscriptions on the account that has P2 you should see "Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial" unless you have purchased the plan separately. We have been in conversations with Microsoft about these plans for awhile now because we believe that at least a P1 should be included in an E5 but as of now P1 and P2 are not included in the O365 license.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
tristanrobinson

thats interesting as my e5 seems to be a full p2 licence, where as the e3 required the p2 trial which obviously doesnt let us create the production environment. I have not purchased a p2 licence seperately. I think i'll submit a support ticket to clarify as its not clear from their licencing page.

Super User
Super User

Please let me know what you find out. If they are now including a full P2 as part of the E5 then that would solve a lot of issues for us and open the door to CDS and Model Driven apps.

Highlighted
tristanrobinson

Unfortunately they are not, confirmed via support ticket. I must have a licence somehow.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 161 members 6,205 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: