cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDM
Level: Powered On

License required for Powerapps (and Flow)

Just a quick question.

I work with Office365 customers. For what license models are powerapps available? Business Premium, E1/E3 and so on?
I can't find any information on this, the basic "terms of use" for Powerapps.

Maybe I can throw in a question on Microsoft Flow as well. Any terms of use or license model required for that?

Thanks

/Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff rc
PowerApps Staff

Re: License required for Powerapps (and Flow)

Hi Daniel -- the official word on this (from the FAQ) is:

PowerApps is currently in preview and available at no cost. Free and paid service levels are planned for the future, with details to follow closer to the release date. Features that are available at no cost during the preview period may be discontinued or become part of a paid tier at general availability.

That answer is very similar for Flow.

We haven't disclosed details on those licensing models yet (part of the goal of the Preview is to collect feedback and firm up the details), but rest assured that we will make it easy for Office users to take advantage of these offerings, and per the statement above, are also planning a free tier. We'll keep you posted as we're ready to say more on this. In the meantime, both services are fully available at no cost.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PowerApps Staff rc
PowerApps Staff

Hi Daniel -- the official word on this (from the FAQ) is:

PowerApps is currently in preview and available at no cost. Free and paid service levels are planned for the future, with details to follow closer to the release date. Features that are available at no cost during the preview period may be discontinued or become part of a paid tier at general availability.

That answer is very similar for Flow.

We haven't disclosed details on those licensing models yet (part of the goal of the Preview is to collect feedback and firm up the details), but rest assured that we will make it easy for Office users to take advantage of these offerings, and per the statement above, are also planning a free tier. We'll keep you posted as we're ready to say more on this. In the meantime, both services are fully available at no cost.

View solution in original post

afernando
Level 10

Hi rc,

I realized that users with Office365 Exchange online licenses cannot make connections to SharePoint online or use apps that have connections to SPO. 
However, they can see the app and download them. I'd appreciate if you can calify if this is a bug or PowerApps is only available for users with Office365 full licernses? Thanks.

Cheers,

Anton

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,041)