cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaëlle
Level 8

Licensing : Users having E3 Licence have a "Start a trial" to only see a custom SP form

Hello everyone,

I am working for a customer (circa 2500 users).

I had to customize a SP form via PowerApps (because standard SP forms do not display Columns and fields in the right order and it seems that i can't change it).

But a user with E3 licence, going to my SP Team site as a Member (even as an Owner) had a strange message :

"To use PowerApps, you need an offer or a active trial" with the button "Start a trial" (sorry, translated from french, hope it is still understadable).

How is it possible ? I thought PowerApps was included within O365 ? (source : https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ )

And that is not a F1 or E1 plan, it is an E3 ! (source : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/administrator/pricing-billing-skus#licenses)

So, what is wrong ? DOes the administrator need to "activate" PowerApps somewhere ?

If PowerApps ain't really included (is MS documentation on pricing a fake news?), what are my possible workarounds ?

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Licensing : Users having E3 Licence have a "Start a trial" to only see a custom SP for

Hi @Gaëlle,

Please let the administrator navigate to Office365 Admin Center > Users > Active users > select this user  > Produce licenses, and make sure that PowerApps for Office365 is on for this user:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Gaëlle
Level 8

Re: Licensing : Users having E3 Licence have a "Start a trial" to only see a custom SP for

Thank you Mona,

I will get in touch with the O365 Admin.

I'll mark it as a solution once we've figured out it is the right one 😉

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,875)