cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMerrill
Level 8

Limitations of Flow in PowerApps

I am trying to use a flow I created in PowerApps. The flow inserts a row into an On-Premise SQL database, and then calls a Stored Procedure. The Flow works fine (it has been tested), but everytime I try to add it to my PowerApps I get the following error:

"Failed to Register Service '...'"

I have seen this in a number of posts, but no one has received a clear answer. I am convinced that PowerApps cannot handle certain flow actions. Would somebody provide me with a more detailed list of what can and cannot be done, please?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Limitations of Flow in PowerApps

Hi @AMerrill,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Do you add a "Request - Response" action within your flow to return executed result back to your app?

The user @johnmarlowe and @mokhawaja have faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following threads:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Registering-Error-when-trying-to-add-a-flow/t...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Error-on-adding-a-flow-run-SQL-query-to-power...

If you have added a "Request - Response" action within your flow, please check if you have typed proper JSON schema within the Response Body JSON schema field of the "Request - Response" action. In other words, please check if there are some columns which did not have its type defined within the JSON schema that you provided.

Please also check if you have defined a PRIMARY KEY within your SQL table.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to clear cache of your browser, then re-add flow connection within your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AMerrill
Level 8

Re: Limitations of Flow in PowerApps

It seems like the flow is working now... I have no idea why because I have not changed anything. I thought also that it could have been a permissions issue because I was using a flow that was shared with me, but, now that the flow is working, I am very confused.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 414 members 6,172 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: