cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewBee117
Level: Powered On

Line up the rows in gallery on two different screen

I am trying to use multiple screen to display columns in a gallery that won't fit in one screen. So screen 1 has ID, column B to H,  and screen 2 has ID, column I to Q. If user scrolls to row 88 on screen 1, then navigate to screen 2, the rows are out of alignment, screen 2 still shows from row 1. Page back seems to know the last scroll position. Is there a position variable I can pass along from screen 1 to screen 2. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Line up the rows in gallery on two different screen

Hi @NewBee117 ,

Could you please share a bit more about scenario?

Do you use Gallery controls to list your data source records within your two screens?

Further, do you want to locate at corresponding row within your second Gallery when you navigate from your screen1 to your screen2?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think Default property of your second Gallery could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Within the Gallery1 in Screen1, set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon to following:

Set(CurrentItem, ThisItem);
Navigate(Screen2)

set the TemplateFill property of the Gallery1 to following:

If(ThisItem.IsSelected, RGBA( 255, 228, 196, 1 ),RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))    /* <-- Highlight the selected item */

Within the Gallery2 in Screen2, set the Default property of the Gallery2 to following:

CurrentItem

set the TemplateFill property of the Gallery2 to following:

If(ThisItem.IsSelected, RGBA( 255, 127, 80, 1 ), RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))   /* <-- Highlight the selected item */

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

hI @NewBee117 

Would be a complex scenario to implement

There is a VisibleIndex property in a Gallery which contains the index of the item that is being shown in the current gallery

This cannot be dynamically set

But you could use the Visibleindex property of first gallery to se the default selected row in your second gallery

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

NewBee117

I have "Transition, Visible and Width...", not seeing Visibleindex for the gallery. Where can I find this? Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @NewBee117 ,

Could you please share a bit more about scenario?

Do you use Gallery controls to list your data source records within your two screens?

Further, do you want to locate at corresponding row within your second Gallery when you navigate from your screen1 to your screen2?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think Default property of your second Gallery could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Within the Gallery1 in Screen1, set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon to following:

Navigate(Screen2)

set the TemplateFill property of the Gallery1 to following:

If(ThisItem.IsSelected, RGBA( 255, 228, 196, 1 ),RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))    /* <-- Highlight the selected item */

Within the Gallery2 in Screen2, set the Default property of the Gallery2 to following:

CurrentItem

set the TemplateFill property of the Gallery2 to following:

If(ThisItem.IsSelected, RGBA( 255, 127, 80, 1 ), RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0))   /* <-- Highlight the selected item */

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@NewBee117 

VisibleIndex property is read only

Use it to know the index position of Gallery 1 and accordingly set the Defaul propertyof Gallery 2

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

NewBee117

Hi, Kris, I am not seeing any changes in my 2nd screen. See screenshots attached.

Steps I've done:

1. On screen1, set TemplateFill colors  (works)

2. On screen1, OnSelect = Set(CurrentItem,ThisItem);Navigate(scr2nd)  (works)

3. On screen2, setTemplateFill colors (works)

4. On screen2, set default of the gallery to CurrentItem  (Not working, does not highlight or scroll to the item.)

Hi, Reza, I put Gallery1.VisibleIndex in the Default for gallery2, and I got error message "Invalid formula. Expected a value compatible with 'Items'.  See attached screenshot.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @NewBee117 ,

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the Gallery1 and Gallery2?

Are they connected to same data source?

Could you please share a bit more about the CurrentItem variable in your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please make sure the Gallery1 and Gallery2 are connected to same data source.

In addition, please also take a try to modify your formula as below:

Within Gallery1, set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon to following:

Set(CurrentItem, Blank());
Navigate(scr2nd)

Set the OnVisible property of the Screen2 (scr2nd) to following:

Reset(Gallery2)

Set the Default property of the Gallery2 to following:

LookUp('YourDataSource', PrimaryColumn = CurrentItem.PrimaryColumn)

Note: The PrimaryColumn represents the Primary column in your data source, which could identify one record uniquely.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved. If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on your data source, then try above solution again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Highlighted
NewBee117

After I removed the SortByColumns for "Items" of the gallery, it starts to work. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,168)