cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JR-BejeweledOne
Level: Powered On

Link directly to PowerApp

I have created 2 PowerApps (one specifically for mobile and one for desktop).   I would like to link directly to them on my SharePoint page.

I have used the weblink for each and created a link on the page.   However when I click the link to go to the PowerApp I get a screen that says I have to authenticate again and if I click on that I get a never ending series of pop-ups saying I need to login again and login screens.

What is the key to linking directly to the app on a SharePoint page?   These apps are specific to this site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne

Re: Link directly to PowerApp

I think I need to clear something up here.  I am new to the PowerApps platform but not to SharePoint.  I have been a SharePoint developer/designer and InfoPath SME for over 10 years.   

The problem I was experiencing had to do with a glitch I experienced after I used the App's weblink in the Hyperlink on the page.   It had nothing to do with access vs. non-access.   I am the site owner and have full access to the site, the lists and the app.   

I just wanted to make sure that anyone else clicking on the link wasn't going to experience the same issue.    I have not experienced it again after that one time.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne ,

Firstly, it's nor supported to "linking directly to the app on a SharePoint page".

Secondly , I think you misunderstand PowerApps app and shrepoint custom form.

1)PowerApps app

It is a standalone app created in PowerApps. You could only connect the app with sharepoint when designing the app.94.PNG

2)shrepoint custom form

It is just a sharepoint form. You could customize the form based on your demands.942.PNG

Based on your description, I think you want to connect your app with sharepoint.

If so, please login in powerapps protal and edit your app. When you edit the app, you could create connection.

Best reagrds,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JR-BejeweledOne

I think you misunderstood the question.   I understand what PowerApps is and how to use it and how it relates to SharePoint.  

I have copied the weblink from the Share page in my PowerApp and used it in a link on my SharePoint page.    I want the users to be able to open the PowerApp directly from this link rather than having to go to the PowerApps page and find the app they need and open it from there.  

When I click the link on the page it triggers a never ending loop of dialog boxes telling me I need to authenticate, then the login dialog box then an error saying there was a problem and back to a new box telling me I need to authenticate.

Pranav_Shroti

Hi,

One quick question if you are already on same domain (powerApps and SharePoint) then you can try to insert a iFrame in sharepoint and call your PowerApps inside that. I myself did't try this however should work.

Hope this helps,

Pranav

Pranav_Shroti

There is a way to embade your powerapp inside SharePoint.

Have a look at this link:

https://wonderlaura.com/2017/04/27/embed-powerapps-on-sharepoint-modern-pages/

Hope this helps,

Pranav

JR-BejeweledOne

Thanks.   I have used that before, but in this case we are asking for protected information from the employees.  We don't want to embed this in a SharePoint webpart where it could potentially have an issue and display the information to others.

I simply want to be able to open the specific PowerApp directly from the weblink.  Nothing else.

Pranav_Shroti

Then it can be a new sharepoint page with embaded powerapps. Link to new page will only appear to certain users using audience feature.

Hope this helps,

Pranav

JR-BejeweledOne

Unfortunately because of what the app is, that is not a solution.   The app is available to every employee in the company.   As I said, the only thing I want is for them to be able to use the provided weblink to access the app directly.

Thanks again

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JR-BejeweledOne ,

Even if you want to open the app from sharepoint list directly , you also need to have access to this app.

I suggest you add the users in your tenant and give them the permission to visit the app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JR-BejeweledOne

I think I need to clear something up here.  I am new to the PowerApps platform but not to SharePoint.  I have been a SharePoint developer/designer and InfoPath SME for over 10 years.   

The problem I was experiencing had to do with a glitch I experienced after I used the App's weblink in the Hyperlink on the page.   It had nothing to do with access vs. non-access.   I am the site owner and have full access to the site, the lists and the app.   

I just wanted to make sure that anyone else clicking on the link wasn't going to experience the same issue.    I have not experienced it again after that one time.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 340 members 5,701 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: