cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinW
Level: Powered On

List field update with button

Hi Guys,

pls ... can you help me with an issue? ... I need to change value in sharepoint list with button in powerapps application. 

In sharepoint i have one item, choose menu, with values YES or NO ... At this time, im changing the value with dropdown menu (2 choices - yes and no) in powerapp ,  but it will be prettiest solution, when it would be possible click on the button  YES or NO ... but i will need to help with "formula" .... thanks in advance

Martin

6 REPLIES 6
PowerApps Staff rgruian
PowerApps Staff

Re: List field update with button

Please correct me if I misunderstood, you want to submit a new record to your list on a button click, where one of the record fields has a value of YES or NO, as specified by a dropdown. If that is the case, you need to do the following:

dropdown1.Items = ["YES", "NO"]

button1.OnSelect = Collect(MyList123, { YesNoFieldName: dropdown1.Selected.Value })

This assumes that your SP list has a field named "YesNoFieldName". Please adjust as needed.

Also, if the list contains any other fields that are required, you will need to specify values for those as well, alongside the field you mentioned:

button1.OnSelect = Collect(MyList123, { YesNoFieldName: dropdown1.Selected.Value, RequiredField1: 1234, RequiredField2: "PowerApps Rocks", ....... })

I hope this helps.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff
Highlighted
MartinW

Hi Radu,

thank you for your response ... Im completely new in PowerApps ... and im trying to learn as many as possible 🙂  so im sorry for beginners contributions 🙂 .... i will try to specified my questions:

Yes you was right,  i want to submit my sharepoint list value "choose value" ... I created app directly from sharepoint list in o365 sharepoint ... and that sharepoint value "choose value" have 2 options (SCHVALUJEM, NESCHVALUJEM) .. When i choose one of them , it will be appear also on sharepoint list.  But i need to figure out, how this "choose value" in app change for two buttons SCHVALUJEM, NESCHVALUJEM for changing the sharepoint list values. 

I hope that i explained it clearly 🙂

For your better imagination,  i added two pictures with field information

If you have any further question ,  pls contact me ... i will be very happy, if i would be able to understand this topic 🙂  thank you

img1.jpgimg2.jpg

PowerApps Staff rgruian
PowerApps Staff

Help me understand: Instead of showing a dropdown (lookup control) for those two values (SCHVALUJEM, NESCHVALUJEM), do you want to be able to show two buttons? If so, there is no easy way to do this in PowerApps today. May I ask why the Lookup control in its current incarnation is not sufficient for your scenario?

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff
MartinW

yes exactly ... that is what i wanted.  I considered, that would be "nice" way to show this options to end users.  But if there is not easy way to set my proposal (two buttons) ... i have to be satisfied with lookup solution 🙂 ... i appreciate your time, spended for my questions. 

ChrisWest

Perhasp using a toggle button instead of the dropdown. Set the values to what you want. If you only have two.

Chris West

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ChrisWest,

Can you provide a small code of how to make a toggle change the value of a field in sharepoint list ?

Im facing the same issue Smiley Sad

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,036)