cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codebrane
Level 8

List screen has no search

When I Insert a new List Screen in a tablet power app that I've started from scratch the screen has no search bar and no way to add one. Is there a way to add a search bar or must it be built from scratch using a button and text input? The documentation shows the list screen with a search bar in the phone power app tutorial but the tablet version has no search bar.

thanks,

Alistair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: List screen has no search

I made a video that shows how to use the PowerApps Search Function and also a separate one on PowerApps Filter Function. Both are used to make "search boxes" depending on your goal and data source. Hope it helps. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
codebrane
Level 8

Looking at the generated iPhone app, the text search doesn't actually do anything. Turns out I need to create a new TextInput and use the Items property of the list gallery to filter on the text entered in the TextInput

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I made a video that shows how to use the PowerApps Search Function and also a separate one on PowerApps Filter Function. Both are used to make "search boxes" depending on your goal and data source. Hope it helps. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

codebrane
Level 8

thanks for that, appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 4,905 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: