Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssvk
Level: Powered On

Listbox control save multiselected values to Sharepoint

HI, 

I have a look up column 'defect' in Sharepoint list 'Test'

In Powerapps, I created a customized form and added listbox control which pulls values from lookup column. 

Problem :

When I am selecting multiple values in the listbox and submitting the form, the look up column 'defect' is not populated

here are my configuration :

OnSelect  --  'defectListBox_1'.SelectMultiple

OnChange -- ForAll('defectListBox_1'.SelectedItems,Collect(SavedData,defect))

SelectMultiple -- true

Default -- null 

Please suggest !!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Listbox control save multiselected values to Sharepoint

If you're using the form control, you should be able to add a multiselect picker by using the data pane. Press the checkbox next to your look up field and change the input type to "Edit Multiselect." 

If you want to add it manually, you need to make sure that Items is set to your list of options, DefaultSelectedItems is set to the currently selected items, and the Update property of the parent data card is set to the selected items so that when the form is submitted the data is sent to SharePoint.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

Unfortunately, the listbox control does not currently showing multiple selections. To achieve this, you'll either want to use the combo box control or to recreate the listbox control using a gallery.

Here's a helpful blog that walks through how to achieve what you want using a listbox: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/supporting-multi-valued-listboxes-in-powerapps/

Highlighted
ssvk

Okay, so can you guide me , how to go with combobox ?

I added combo box, and selected multiple option. I saved the form . It is not showing any values in Sharepoint list .

PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

If you're using the form control, you should be able to add a multiselect picker by using the data pane. Press the checkbox next to your look up field and change the input type to "Edit Multiselect." 

If you want to add it manually, you need to make sure that Items is set to your list of options, DefaultSelectedItems is set to the currently selected items, and the Update property of the parent data card is set to the selected items so that when the form is submitted the data is sent to SharePoint.

View solution in original post

ssvk

thank you . I changed the dropdown and added list box control, thats was why it didnt work

now it works

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,466)