Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kspoojary
Level: Powered On

Loading Image for Gallery Control

Hi ,

I have Gallery Control and i am showing a loader image when gallery is loading. I am using Image's Visible property to show and hide the loader image based on the Gallery controlss Item.

like this

Image1.Visible =IsEmpty(Gallery1.AllItems).

This works perfect if we are getting some records from the datasource. Problem is if there is no record then the loading image will be visible forever. I want to show no record lable in case if there is no data.

Any help is apperciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Loading Image for Gallery Control

Sample code:

Screen1.OnVisible=UpdateContext({v:true})

Image1.Visible=v

Timer1.AutoStart=true

Timer1.OnTimerEnd=UpdateContext({v:false})

Timer1.Duration=4000

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

I'm not sure the "IsBlank" function is a good choice here. Try using CountRows(Gallery1.AllItems)=0

kspoojary

Hi , my code is working properly when there is data. But in some scenario's if there is no data, I want to hide the loading Image and show the no records found lable.

Currently I don't have control on when to hide the image because there no event that notify.

Also I found the LoadingSpinner property on the Screen control what is the purpose of it? and how to use it?

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

I understand now. Unfortunately there's no easy way to resolve this currently. The problem is that when you assign your gallery to a source, you will get the records quickly (AllItems will not be blank) but those records will contain just the image links which will take time to load.

If what you have now works to your satisfaction and the only issue is to handle the situation when the bound source actually does not contain any data then I don't think there's a better solution then just setting a timer to cancel your progress indicator.

The LoadingSpinner property just controls the "running dots" animation at the top of your screen.

kspoojary

@dinusc Thanks. I will try the timer approach

Mike8
Level 10

Hello..

Can you please share what is the source of the gallery?
What if you have Image1.Visible =IsEmpty(Gallery1.AllItems)&&LookUp(DatasourceOfTheGallery,true,true)

kspoojary

Gallery1.Items=SortByColumns(Search(Filter('[dbo].[v_DRMS_OPPORTUNITIES_CUSTOMERLIST]_1',AMID=amid), TextSearchBox1.Text, "CUST","CUST_PK"), "CUST", If(SortCustDescending, Descending, Ascending))

Mike8
Level 10

Does 

Image1.Visible =IsEmpty(Gallery1.AllItems)&&LookUp(Search(Filter('[dbo].[v_DRMS_OPPORTUNITIES_CUSTOMERLIST]_1',AMID=amid), TextSearchBox1.Text, "CUST","CUST_PK"),true,true)

work? Did you try?

kspoojary

I tried this but it is not working, still I can see the loading image. 

kspoojary

@dinusc can you please help me with sample code for Timer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,693)