cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pitfrog1
Level: Powered On

Login Portal App for different Canvas Apps

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if it is, in general, possible to create a login on a Portal App that will link to several PowerApps.

In my use cases it should be very convenient for the end-user to login and to access their data what they need. More specific: the use case is implementing Shared Service in our organization and I`ll need three different logins/ apps for the service requests:

- Dispatcher

- Requester

- Service employee

Depending on the user they should get access to different apps. Does someone know if this is in the current state possible or does anyone else have another approach in solving this issue?

BR

Pitfrog

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Login Portal App for different Canvas Apps

Hi @Pitfrog1 ,

I think your requirement cannot be achieved so far in PowerApps. You could try to raise an idea in below forum so that others could vote on it:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PavanKumar
Level 8

Hi,

At the moment out of box there is no direct approach to achieve this however, I have an idea on how to do this.

1. Create one powerapp with all required screens for all users.

2. Once user logsin to Canvas app--> create another login screen (use some custom entity or contact entity to save this data)

3. In the cusom entity relate it with User entity and specify the roles which you want to (e.g. dispatcher, engineer etc)

4. When user logs in verify credentials against the custom entity and navigate him to required screens.

Note: By default set visible property of all screen to false and make it visible only for the right user.

If this answers your question do mark it as verified.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Pitfrog1
Level: Powered On

Hi @PavanKumar ,

thanks for your suggestion. That sounds decent. But if I have only one app for everything this will mean the performance of this app will be not really good.

I am already getting delegation warnings because i am using sharepoint list as my "data base" for the app. Wouldn't it be a disadvantage to put everything together.

Anyway, if I would implement your idea I have a question. Can I, or in the future the admin, set who has access to which screen? In my imagination, me as Admin (familiar withPowerApps) would type in the email dispatcher@xyz.com and now this person will be navigated to the particular screen. Or how and where would I set who has access to which screen?

Thank you!

PavanKumar
Level 8

Hi,

That's a good question.

Regarding Performance - If you open a screen and depending upon its datasource size and amount of data it should retrieve performance depends. so it has no direct relation with this approach.

Security Roles maintanence- In your case you need to maintain, user name, password, role, screens he/she has access to  (for now) this can be increased as you build it further. So these details can be maintained anywhere really isn't it? as you are using sharepoint these can be a sharepoint list or as simple as an excel sheet also and add it as a datasource. and use it on load of screen to show this to the particular user or not?

If this answers your question, mark it as verified.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,140)