cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Looking for URL Line commands to control window size during startup. width=?? height=??

I believe there must be some URL line controls that can set the default screen size to the apps. Unfortunately, they do not strech like normal windows. Thus, they launch "cartoonishly" big. Maybe its just me, but its hard to take some of the apps I make seriously because they launch so huge, and the "Fit To Screen" is just not an intuitive pick. I would like to make a default size for the app (which is the "ideal" size in my estimation) and have it lauch to that size automatically. Additionally, I have removed the control line from the app to conserve window size/space. Thus, "Fit to screen" is not even available. I would like to know if screen size, and other URL launch commands are available somewhere. hidenavbar=true <--- This hides the Powerapps command bar during runtime. Others? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike2500
Level 8

Re: Looking for URL Line commands to control window size during startup. width=?? height=??

Adapting to different sized screens is not currently a strengh of PowerApps. Though, something is supposed to be rolling out soon! According to this list of planned features that was put out in november, a preview of "create canvas apps with responsive layout" is due this month.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mike2500
Level 8

Re: Looking for URL Line commands to control window size during startup. width=?? height=??

Screen sizes cannot be changed via  a parameter, but can be changed at design time.  Here are the docs for making this modification. Be aware that changing the screen size can cause fields in forms to rearrange as well as to be resized back to defaults.

Super User
Super User

Thanks for trying.  I need the view scaled, as if using "Fit to Screen".  Chanigng pixels in the design view still does not secure the size it open on a PC.  Its dependent on the size of your browser when you go to a link, or it full-screens if you use the URL.  Not a good thing.  Seems like a simple need.  Perhaps it can even be done on the windows side with a script of some kind?

Mike2500
Level 8

Adapting to different sized screens is not currently a strengh of PowerApps. Though, something is supposed to be rolling out soon! According to this list of planned features that was put out in november, a preview of "create canvas apps with responsive layout" is due this month.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Thanks for the heads-up on this coming feature.  It appears that is what I am looking for, in the most part.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,794)