Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sajarac
Level 8

Looking for an advice creating a Quote System app

Hello Community,

I am trying to create a quote system, I have enclosed a diagram which is I think it recreates what I need, but basically I would like to be able to pull a customer form a list. That customer has several locations or facilities. I would like to choose one facility and add the items required, then add a second facility and do the same. Once I am done submit my quote. I don't want to overload my Share Point list adding the Item description instead maybe the item ID. "I need this because at some point anyone need to check/edit the quote" and in this case I am able to filter the saved quotes.

If someone could point me in the right direction on how to achieve this I really appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Picture1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Looking for an advice creating a Quote System app

I tried to do a quick video but having trouble getting it small enough to put on here. I will try again in a bit. Here is a screen shot to kind of explain my layout:

Capture.JPG

This one works like a "shopping cart" I guess you could say. It is saving the information in a collection and then when you are done it writes it all over to SharePoint.

It is several different SharePoint list that get updated at once. There is one for the Job information and then that ID is carried over to the list for the part information as the "JobID" and then there are several others that follow for when it is received and issued and such.

See if this explains any better. Let me know if not.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sajarac ,

Are you using SharePoint lists as data source? 

If so, how would like the final result list looks like in SharePoint? Because SharePoint list cannot be shown like what you posted here:

Capture.JPG

SharePoint list can only be shown like:

Customer       Location      Ref         Unit     Description     Value     Qty     Total
CustomerA     Location1    00003    ft          Item3               14          5         70
CustomerA     Location1    00004    ...
CustomerA     Location1    00006    ...

Below is one of my SP list view:

Capture.JPG

You need to first decide about this before we go any further.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sajarac
Level 8

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Positive, I will use Share Point as my data source

sajarac
Level 8

@v-monli-msft , Hi there, sorry to bother you.

Did you have some time to check this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

sajarac
Level 8

Hello,

I hope someone could point me in the right direction.

Looking for an advice.

HELP, please!

thanks

Super User
Super User

I have several apps that do similar to what you are wanting and I do multiple Sharepoint list that have tie points like you would if you were doing it in Access. 

It cuts down on the number of entries and columns. I typically refer to the AutoId that is given by SharePoint and then I will create and number column in the second list that I call ParentId. I have a few that are pretty complicated and have 10 or more sharepoint list with the one app that are all tied in some form or fashion. 

Anyhow, works well for mine and is smooth running so might consider something like that for your bank end set-up. 

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very much for your response, would you mind to share some screen shots.

I am a bit confused with this.

thanks in advance

Super User
Super User

I tried to do a quick video but having trouble getting it small enough to put on here. I will try again in a bit. Here is a screen shot to kind of explain my layout:

Capture.JPG

This one works like a "shopping cart" I guess you could say. It is saving the information in a collection and then when you are done it writes it all over to SharePoint.

It is several different SharePoint list that get updated at once. There is one for the Job information and then that ID is carried over to the list for the part information as the "JobID" and then there are several others that follow for when it is received and issued and such.

See if this explains any better. Let me know if not.

View solution in original post

sajarac
Level 8

You got it. That is exactly what I am trying to do.

Now let me ask you something?

To add to the cart you do a search by Branch and/or product number right?

And I guess for instance "5 Start Filter" is a product already in a share Point point list, when you add this product to your shopping cart you are saving "5 Start Filter" every time to other Share point list or you are just saving the product ID?

Because at some point down the road you will need a query to retrive that value, correct?

Super User
Super User

Example3.gif

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,078)