cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nani
Level: Powered On

Lookup field Issue in PowerApps(Comman Data Services)

Hello Friends,

I have a small issue while I am accessing lookup field in PowerApp's Editing Screen. 

Created 2 entities Case, Contacts

Case

1) Primary ID(Auto number)

2) Contact  (Lookup field)

3) Case ID  (Number)

Contact 

1)Primary ID (Auto Number)

2)Contact (Phone Number)

3)Name     (Text)

The above entities are created in Common Data Services. And in Contact entity I have few records.

And in Contact entity I have few records.

Next, connected both Data Sources Case and Contact in powerApp. Here I want to create a case record with one of the contact records of contact entity.So in an edit screen, I have 2 fields (Ie: Case ID, Contact Number{Look Up}). My Issue Comes here is, When I click one Contact field edit screen it supposed to show contact record value (Ie Phone Numbers) instead, it showing up Primary ID values (ie:000001).

Will anyone please help me.

Thank you,

Sharath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff Abdou
PowerApps Staff

Re: Lookup field Issue in PowerApps(Comman Data Services)

Hi,

You can choose what to display in the LookUp control by click on the "..." next to the field, and selecting the column you want to show from the "Value1" dropdown.2016-12-15 13_37_31-PowerApps.png

And as you can see above, you can actually show 2 fields by changing the "Display Fields" to 2, and choosing the other value you want to show from the Value2 dropdown.

Hope this helps 😉

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
PowerApps Staff Abdou
PowerApps Staff

[DELETED]

PowerApps Staff Abdou
PowerApps Staff

Hi,

You can choose what to display in the LookUp control by click on the "..." next to the field, and selecting the column you want to show from the "Value1" dropdown.2016-12-15 13_37_31-PowerApps.png

And as you can see above, you can actually show 2 fields by changing the "Display Fields" to 2, and choosing the other value you want to show from the Value2 dropdown.

Hope this helps 😉

View solution in original post

drmattbishop
Level: Powered On

Hi 

I have tried and tried but cannot get 'value2' to show on any DataCard. I can see it as an option so I know that the link is there and the lookup is set correctly. Value1 is the 'PrimaryID' for my table and Value2 is another field. Value1 will show all the time without problems but not Value2 - even swapping Value1 and Value2 over does not work. I have 'DisplayFields' set to 2.

Why am I not able to see the extra field?

Any help with this appreciated?

Matt

Matt
mokhawaja
Level 8

Hi,

i want to add my voice to @drmattbishop, and i think there is some kind of a bug regarding viewing the 2nd feild rather than the primary id field.

in the detail screen, when i choose the 2nd field to view in value 1 the data inside it just disappeares!, when i choose primary Id it will show up normally. (please check the photos attached).

so to work around this issue i had to connect to the other entity in my app where my lookup field is attached to (Named "Doctors"), then changed the Text property for the card and used a lookup function to retrieve the "Doctor Name".

but as you know using the lookup function will slow down the app a little bit, so i hope the powerapps team fixes this issue soon.

best regards,

Mohammad Alkhawaja

Screenshot (3).pngafter changing to "Doctor Name" in Value 1Screenshot (4).pngkeeping Primary Id in Value 1

mokhawaja
Level 8

hi...

despite the new update in powerapps, still this issue is not solved...

regards,

Mohammad Alkhawaja

ViperDriver
Level: Power Up

I've tried this but it gives me no options to select anything in the values boxes for these lookups.

I'm trying to use a form to create a log which is populated into the entity "Flight log."

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 8.00.36 AM.png

For the field PICname on flight log I'm trying to use a lookup to select from another entity named "Pilot ID"

The Field PICname in entity flight log has a relationship to the entity "Pilot ID"

when I use a form based on entity "Flight Log" I get no options to select anything but prmary iD on the siplay fields for that datacard associated with PICname.  Any suggestions?

mokhawaja
Level 8

mokhawaja
Level 8

Hi...@ViperDriver,

first  go to your entity "Pilot ID" then go to "Field Groups", click on Default lookup, then add Pilot name from the right pane by double click or drag. (check the screenshot)... after that go back to your app design and change "Display fields" to 2 instead of 1, then you should see the two options: Primary Id and Pilot Name... then tell us what happens with youScreenshot (12)_LI.jpg

@Nani... please mark this post as unsolved.

@Abdou.... please recheck.

best regards,

Mohammad Alkhawaja

ViperDriver
Level: Power Up

That seemed to make sense, but it didn't make any change.  Notably, when I made the change it stayed through a log out and log back in, but it never allowed me to press the "save entity" button.

I'm trying to figure out if there's some other setting I'm missing or if it's a bug.  If anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,007)