cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cholopa
Level: Powered On

Re: Lookup field Issue in PowerApps(Comman Data Services)

Thanks @mokhawaja:

Now is working fine, I understand better now what is doing...

With your way to do it, I've been able to see the correct field in the detailscreen, but for selecting the field in the editscreen it doesn't work, only works well if value 1 is primaryID, if I select another value it doesn't work.. any clue?

There is one more think I would like you to help me... thanks a lot in advance!!!

I have a database with three entities

1- Customer (Peticionario)

2- Company (Empresa)

3- Work order (Orden de trabajo)

The flow is like this:

A customer that works at a company asks for a work order

So the relations are as follows:

There is a look up relation between customer and company (as the customer works in the company . A lot of customers can work in a company, but a customer can work only in one company )

There is a look up relation between work order and customer (as the work order is request by the customer. A lot of work orders can be made by a customer, but a work order is done only by one customer))

Going back to the issue, ideally, when selecting the person that has made the work order, I would also like to see of course the customer.name, but also the company.name (that way is much more fast to find and make sure that I select the correct person.

So when a new work order is registered, ideally I would like to view the customer.name property in the value 1 field and the customer.company.name property, in the value 2 field

With your help I've been able select the correct property, but as value1 and value 2 fields that I want are from different entities (though they are indeed related) I think is not posible to do what I want, is it?

mokhawaja
Level 8

hi @cholopa

really glad to help...

first let me be sure of some points:

1. you need to view Value1 and Value2 on a "View" or "Edit" form, not gallery or dropdown, right?
  2. you do not want to view the list of companies... instead, a list of customers which contain the name of the customer and to which company he/she belong to, right?

regards,

Mohammad

dstaf

Any news on this bug? Can't seem to find much info about it. Is the userbase really that low so this can go unresolved...!?

cholopa

It can be sort out, you have to add all the entities to the powerapps app, and make the correct use of lookup and filter.

If you give me an example maybe i can help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,454)