cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Darren137227
Level: Power Up

Lookup field not holding value on edit form

Hi, I have a form that has a lookup field to another entity called supplier. All is good in the new form, you can create a record, select a supplier in the form and submit. Record is successfully added and you can see it it on another screen in a data view control (although the supplier field in the data view control is showing an ID instead of text value for the supplier field - this might be part of the problem. The Issue is, when a user clicks a link within the data view control that on select takes them to another screen that has an edit form for that selected record, the supplier field/ lookup is not showing the value for the record. The field just display ‘find items’ in the field where the value should be. Any idea on why that is?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Lookup field not holding value on edit form

Hey @Darren1372 / @Darren137227 

In the combobox control, default property is set through "DefaultSelectedItems" property.

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Darren137227 

Can you share more details about the Default/DefaultSelectedItems property of the control and the Items property, I think the issue here is with the mismatch in the schema of items and default value. If you can share more details, we can modify the expressions as suitable.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Darren1372
Level: Powered On

Hi Yashag,

sorry for the delay to your response. Just back to work this morning. I have checked the default for the Supplier_DataCard2_1 (parent control) and it's set to ThisItem.Supplier

The default for the child data card which is DataCardValue3_1 was blank.

I've tried the setting it to Parent.Default but still no luck, this is on the edit form.

The new (create form has the same settings for the suppplier field. ) It's saving the value (showing as an id in the data table but when going to the edit form its showing no value, just 'find items'

Also noticed on the edit form the DefaultSelectedItems property for DataCardValue3_1 is blank

Hierarchy on edit form is
 Supplier_DataCard2_1 
        DataCardValue3_1

Darren1372
Level: Powered On

Have now changed the DefaultSelectedItems property for the child datacard "DataCardValue3_1" to Parent.Default and they're showing up. You were correct, there was a mismatch between the deafult and DefaultSelectedItems property.

Thanks for the pointer/heads up!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Darren1372 / @Darren137227 

In the combobox control, default property is set through "DefaultSelectedItems" property.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,822)