cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoubleEx
Level: Powered On

Re: MISSION CRITICAL: Is PowerApps ready?

I'm certainly not a long term user of PowerApps.  Created my first app for our continuous improvement group for collecting ideas from our manufacturing and operations associates.  It's not at all complex - simply saves/edits data on a Sharepoint list. 

My first challenge was my lack of knowledge and skills but eventually (with the help of many in this forum - thank you) was able to make all functions work as we designed with bi-lingual text. It looks great and works well - and then out of nowhere it doesn't.  Unfortunately, the people I'm doing it for can tell my bugs apart from infrastructure issues so it just looks bad.   

I went to the support link posted above and see the most recent posted issue on PowerApps was 5/2.  Yesterday for no good reason, my app started acting funny - like it wasn't connect to SharePoint correctly.  This hours after my most recent clean/tested release.  I decided to wait it out rather than try to waste time troubleshooting and it's working fine now.  I don't like trying to explain this.

I love the idea but I'm going to call this a prototyping tool with expectation that we develop quickly using PowerApps and if the solution is popular - re-develop in something more stable.

I have enough problems with my skillsets or lack of time.  Don't have enough hair left to deal with infrastructure fragility.  

Not giving up, just being cautious.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@DoubleEx ,

This is incredibly valuable and very clear feedback. Thank you! Hearing from all the voices here on this topic is helpful. If you can share, I'm curious about the following: 

- How many users does your app have? 

- 1-10? 10-50? 50-250? 250-1000? 1000+?

- How often do they use the apps?

- Once a month, a week, a day?

- Multiple times a day?

- Do you use on-prem or cloud data sources? 

- On-prem?

- Sharepoint?

- Azure SQL or other?

Thanks again for your awesome input!

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

@ericonline wrote:

@DoubleEx ,

This is incredibly valuable and very clear feedback. Thank you! Hearing from all the voices here on this topic is helpful. If you can share, I'm curious about the following: 

- How many users does your app have? 

- 1-10? 10-50? 50-250? 250-1000? 1000+?

- How often do they use the apps?

- Once a month, a week, a day?

- Multiple times a day?

- Do you use on-prem or cloud data sources? 

- On-prem?

- Sharepoint?

- Azure SQL or other?

Thanks again for your awesome input!

I am pretty new to this as well. We are optimizing our dismissal management at my school with powerapps.

How many users does your app have? - 10 or so

How often do they use the apps? - Most users once a day some multiple times a day.

Do you use on-prem or cloud data sources? - Azure SQL

Our issue is we have a critical time from about 2:45 PM to 6:00 PM where if the app is unavailable it totally destroys our dismissal process we have built on top of PowerApps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,012)