cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bletillafoliosa
Level: Powered On

Making a search bar deletes my data?

I'm trying to create an app from data, and I've linked a Google Sheet called "MembersList". I can get the data to show up in BrowseGallery1, but when I edit the "Items" formula to try to make a search bar, it gives me an error and says there's no data linked.

Here's what I put into the formula:

SortByColumns(Search('MembersList'; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Name"; "Phone"; "Email"; "Year" ); "Name"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

The thing that I don't understand is that this was working for me earlier, and I'm not sure why it would suddenly give me this error. Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to put the formula in.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Making a search bar deletes my data?

Hi @bletillafoliosa

To help diagnose this problem, I would deconstruct the formula to find out the point at which the error occurs.

To begin, if you set the items property to just the data source, do you get any errors?

'MembersList'

If not, I would try this:

Search('MembersList'; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Name"; "Phone"; "Email"; "Year" )

Finally, I would try the full formula again to see if the SortByColumns formula is the cause of the error.

Another thing that can help is when you hover the mouse over the red exclaimation marks, what is the exact error message that you see? Also, it might also help to refresh you data source via the View > Data Sources menu.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Making a search bar deletes my data?

Hi @bletillafoliosa

To help diagnose this problem, I would deconstruct the formula to find out the point at which the error occurs.

To begin, if you set the items property to just the data source, do you get any errors?

'MembersList'

If not, I would try this:

Search('MembersList'; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Name"; "Phone"; "Email"; "Year" )

Finally, I would try the full formula again to see if the SortByColumns formula is the cause of the error.

Another thing that can help is when you hover the mouse over the red exclaimation marks, what is the exact error message that you see? Also, it might also help to refresh you data source via the View > Data Sources menu.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 5,878 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: