cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogbyte
Level: Powered On

Managing SPO users who need access to PowerApps Custom Forms or PowerApps

I am trying to build a solution that uses SPO custom forms, and powerapps as well. I am seeing a lot of places that I do not want to expose to 90% of my users. Specifically, the whole powerapps panel where users can monkey around with all of the featured settings. For instance, I do not want my average users to be able to create flows, or setup connections, or create data gateways ect... Not that they will necessarily (but they will) but mainly I need to keep the distractions to a minimum when rolling out solutions that involve only custom forms. 

Is there a discussion someone can point me to that deals with these topics? I'd love to read about how a normal SPO user can consume or enter data to a SPO list custom form (using powerapps) without exposing them to the powerapps premium side of things.

For the most part we have a ton of E2 licensed O365 users, with a respectable amount of E3 users. We are on a non-profit Enterprise subscription. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dogbyte

Re: Managing SPO users who need access to PowerApps Custom Forms or PowerApps

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Disabling the preview feature did get rid of the powerapps dropdown on the ribbon. However the Flow icon is still there. This test user does not have any Flow Free licenses enabled, and he has the base level permissions to the list that allows entering new list items, pretty sure thats Team Member permissions, which still lets them see the quick edit button, wish that was gone too...its best they only use the custom form to manipulate data, but at the same time be able to read only the default list view.

I guess i could embed the form on a different page, but that sacrifices the custom form side panel feel, then have the response list set to read only. The embeded forms have a different look to them in the areas that fill up the remainder of the page, not as clean as the list form side panel. Having a hard time finding the middle ground, im sure its possible though. I am still looking for discussions on these topics too. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dogbyte,

PowerApps custom form for SharePoint list inherits permissions from the SharePoint list. When you're done customizing it, just publish it back to SharePoint so that others can use it.

There is no way to change the icon under the List based on user permissions.

You could disable the preview feature in SharePoint to disable the PowerApps and Flow icon under the List or library:

Enable or disable preview features in SharePoint 

For more information about custom form, see:

Customize a SharePoint list form using PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dogbyte

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Disabling the preview feature did get rid of the powerapps dropdown on the ribbon. However the Flow icon is still there. This test user does not have any Flow Free licenses enabled, and he has the base level permissions to the list that allows entering new list items, pretty sure thats Team Member permissions, which still lets them see the quick edit button, wish that was gone too...its best they only use the custom form to manipulate data, but at the same time be able to read only the default list view.

I guess i could embed the form on a different page, but that sacrifices the custom form side panel feel, then have the response list set to read only. The embeded forms have a different look to them in the areas that fill up the remainder of the page, not as clean as the list form side panel. Having a hard time finding the middle ground, im sure its possible though. I am still looking for discussions on these topics too. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,020)