cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsarnold
Level 8

Method to Remove items from local Collection

I have an app that will collect information in a local Collection. Once the user approves the data within the Collection, the entire Collection is then Patched to the Common Data Service.

I am struggling getting the Remove() function to work with a local Collection. It has always worked properly whenever used with a connected data source (such as Microsoft CDS), but I cannot get it to remove a single row from a local colllection.

PA2.PNG

I have also tried placing the Delete Icon inside a DataCard element of the EditForm (and used ThisItem instead of Gallery.Selected), but it did not work either.

What's the best way to Remove from a local Collection?

Thank you!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Brank
Level 8

Re: Method to Remove items from local Collection

It is clear "value" wont work for you beacuse it works only in my example. 

In this case you can do it in two ways:

- If "Cultivar" wont repeat in your gallery you can use it in the remove method for identify which register you want to delete. Something like this Remove(PP;{Cultivar: Gallery1.Selected.Cultivar})

- If "Cultivar" can repeat in different registers you should use all fields in the gallery item for identify the register you want to delete, something like this: Remove(PP;{Cultivar: Gallery1.Selected.Culvitar; Bench: Gallery1.Selected.Bench; Severity: Gallery1.Selected.Severity....etc etc etc}

Regards,

View solution in original post

Brank
Level 8

I am glad that it works good for you now, but anyway I would use an "id" column that is hided by the use so it would be easier to erase the record using the LookUp function, with something like this:

Remove(PP,LookUp(PP, ID = Gallery1.Selected.ID))

In this case you wont have to put all columns for erase one record. Also you are sure which record you are erasing because id cannot be repeated.

I am agree with you that the documentation should be updated because you work with "," and every app I made have to be with ";", this is maybe because I am working with the web developing tools and you are using the Windows Studio..

Who knows?

Regards,

13 REPLIES 13
Brank
Level 8

What kind of information do you have in your gallery? I try to reproduce your problem but in my case it is working. This is what I did.

On property "OnVisible" of the screen: Collect(test;[1;2;3;4;5])

On Gallery "Items" property: test

On "OnClick" property of a button: Remove(test;{Value: Gallery1.Selected.Value})

If you select and then press the button that row is deleted. It is true that if you just put in the second parameter of Remove: "Gallery1.Selected" this wont work, it seems you have to put the register with "{ }" and giving an id value.

Regards,

jsarnold
Level 8

It is just a Text Gallery with a few fields.

pa.PNG

I cannot get the {Value: Gallery1.Selected.Value} to work either. The system says .Value is an Invalid Name.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Brank
Level 8

It is clear "value" wont work for you beacuse it works only in my example. 

In this case you can do it in two ways:

- If "Cultivar" wont repeat in your gallery you can use it in the remove method for identify which register you want to delete. Something like this Remove(PP;{Cultivar: Gallery1.Selected.Cultivar})

- If "Cultivar" can repeat in different registers you should use all fields in the gallery item for identify the register you want to delete, something like this: Remove(PP;{Cultivar: Gallery1.Selected.Culvitar; Bench: Gallery1.Selected.Bench; Severity: Gallery1.Selected.Severity....etc etc etc}

Regards,

jsarnold
Level 8

Thank you!

I see how it should be excecuted, but for some reason, it still does not remove the item from the Collection or Gallery.

Capture.PNG

Brank
Level 8

Try to replace "," with ";"

Regards,

jsarnold
Level 8

I get Errors when I try semicolons, like your example.

•    Expected 'CurlyClose'; Found 'Semicolon'
  •    Invalid number of parameters
jsarnold
Level 8

Thank you, Brank!!

The issue was not specifing more specifically which item to Remove.

The final code needed to include all columns in order to specify the exact record to remove from the collection. 

The documentation should be updated to reflect this issue with local collections.

Brank
Level 8

I am glad that it works good for you now, but anyway I would use an "id" column that is hided by the use so it would be easier to erase the record using the LookUp function, with something like this:

Remove(PP,LookUp(PP, ID = Gallery1.Selected.ID))

In this case you wont have to put all columns for erase one record. Also you are sure which record you are erasing because id cannot be repeated.

I am agree with you that the documentation should be updated because you work with "," and every app I made have to be with ";", this is maybe because I am working with the web developing tools and you are using the Windows Studio..

Who knows?

Regards,

jsarnold
Level 8

Is it possible to reference system-generated fiels like RecordID, or would I need to add a new field that is controlled within the app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,126)