cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IamNabil
Level: Powered On

Microsoft forms into Powerapp

Capture.PNGHi. I'm trying to use powerapps to give my management team a quick view of Forms responses, but when I attempt to connect to data, it doesn't let me actually use the data, it just creates multiple copies of the data source. I've attached a screenshot. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Microsoft forms into Powerapp

According to Microsoft Forms, it's the default for OneDrive for Business and Excel online. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not supported for forms on the web.

Here's a snippet of what they say and a link to the full docs: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/check-your-form-results-02859424-341d-406f-b32a-9a0fbaf357a...

Notes: 

• If you've created your form in Forms on the Web (https://forms.office.com) and click on Open in Excel, an offline Excel workbook will open that has no relationship or connection to your form.

• If you've created your form in OneDrive for Business and click on Open in Excel, your Excel workbook is automatically stored in OneDrive for Business and contains a live data connection to your form. Any new response data in your form will be reflected in your workbook.

• If you've created your form in Excel Online and click on Open in Excel, your Excel workbook is automatically stored in OneDrive for Business and contains a live data connection to your form. Any new response data in your form will be reflected in your workbook.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

If you want to display the results of your form, you'll actually want to use the Excel connector to connect to the underlying data, which is possible if you created your Microsoft Form in One Drive for Business or in Excel Online.

The Microsoft Forms connector that you're using is a service connector that's in preview for Flow. Because its in preview, it missing some functionality like getting all of the submitted forms. Here are the docs for the connector if you are curious what it is capable of: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/microsoftforms/

If you knew the ID of your form and response for example, you theoretically could show the response in PowerApps by calling the GetFormResponseById function like so:

MicrosoftForms.GetFormResponseById(formId, responseId)
IamNabil

Thanks. That's mildly disappointing, but I suppose it is a preview. Other than the icon, I'm not entirely sure what I am previewing. 😄

I'll see if I can't suss out how the form stores my data (is it an excel spreadsheet by default?) and see if I can't use that for a data connector. 

PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

According to Microsoft Forms, it's the default for OneDrive for Business and Excel online. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not supported for forms on the web.

Here's a snippet of what they say and a link to the full docs: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/check-your-form-results-02859424-341d-406f-b32a-9a0fbaf357a...

Notes: 

• If you've created your form in Forms on the Web (https://forms.office.com) and click on Open in Excel, an offline Excel workbook will open that has no relationship or connection to your form.

• If you've created your form in OneDrive for Business and click on Open in Excel, your Excel workbook is automatically stored in OneDrive for Business and contains a live data connection to your form. Any new response data in your form will be reflected in your workbook.

• If you've created your form in Excel Online and click on Open in Excel, your Excel workbook is automatically stored in OneDrive for Business and contains a live data connection to your form. Any new response data in your form will be reflected in your workbook.

View solution in original post

IamNabil

Thanks. That last bit was the right answer: build it as an excel online form, and use that as the data source.
r8dooo
Level: Power Up

Question around forms on mobile/iPad historically I’ve been able to open in excel now I’m getting a message saying only possible on windows/Mac any ideas it worked no problem before

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 268 members 5,328 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: