We are discussing about migrating our users from Skype for Business-On premise to Microsoft Teams. Now, scenario is we have couple of hundred users working in Russia and as per Russian data localization law we can not migrate them on Teams because our cloud tenant resides in Europe.
What we want to know is best mode for Teams in above scenario
1. Islands coexistence mode(we are currently on this mode)
2. Skype for Business with Teams collaboration
3. Skype for Business with Teams collaboration and meetings
4. Teams Only
5. Skype for Business Only
- With first mode we can not achieve the ultimate goal of migrating from Skype to Teams
- With 2nd mode users can not use Teams (chat, calling & meetings) feature
- With 3rd mode users can not use Teams (chat and calling) feature
- 4th mode: How this mode is working exactly? What is Interoperability?
* Is it possible to have chat or call from Skype to teams and vice-versa with this mode?
* Is it possible to have common meeting between Skype and teams with this mode?
Important to note here is Russia's users can't be moved to cloud as Microsoft don't have data centers in Russia. Is there any alternative of local data centers? And how it would work with security and compliance perspective.