cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmith
Level 8

Missing Columns

I am creating a PowerApp from a custom list that has 22 columns, but when I am working within the PowerApp web version I am going getting about 5 of the 22 columns to work with. Is there a setting that limits what is returned from a SharePoint list?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msmith
Level 8

Re: Missing Columns

Just figured it out. I had to select all the current data fields within the view and select properties. Then click on data and select all the missing fields.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
msmith
Level 8

Just figured it out. I had to select all the current data fields within the view and select properties. Then click on data and select all the missing fields.

View solution in original post

lmurray
Level: Powered On

Hi msmith,

Could you provide some details for your solution, like screenshots? I'm trying this solution but cannot clearly understand what you did.

Thank you!

msmith
Level 8

Hope this helps

Fields-Within-PowerApps.jpg

oscars

If you want to get the data in a label, you have to use:

Author.DisplayName

Editor.DisplayName

HelloWorld1

Hi MsSmith,

Thank you for the screen shot but I must be using a different version of Powerapps? I don't have the same looking screen you do when trying to follow the steps but I am having the same issue. I have a list with about 20+ columns but only about 6 are showing up from the data source.

HelloWorld1

Wow so odd moment....it is a different version but in case people are having same problem the functionality is the same as explained by mssmith except in a newer version of powerapps you have to click where it says "Fields" and then a discoverable list appears where you can add the additional columns.

Ram3

Were you able to figure this out?

I was trying the same but cannot find the options as described in the previous solution.

I've attached a screenshot for reference. I've about 8 more fields which don't appear anywhere and I don't see a way to retreive them.
Annotation 2019-09-26 133253.jpg

egallis
Level 10

Hi @Ram3,

The interface for managing the fields that are visible in a Form control has changed not so long ago. Now, when you click on the Edit fields link of your form's property panel it shows the the panel that's shown in your screen capture. That panel lists only the fields that are available in the form.

If you want to add more fields from your datasource, you have to click on the Add field link:

Image 2.png

Hope this helps,

Emmanuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 395 members 6,645 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: