cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulieTE
Level: Powered On

Missing first column of Sharepoint list as datasource

Hi, 

I am trying to use a group Sharepoint list as a datasource in Powerapps, unfortunately I have acess to all elements except the first column (see attached files).

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks, 

Julie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Missing first column of Sharepoint list as datasource

Good news 🙂 Just the experience. Now you know PowerApps with SPO is using internal names that you can find at the end of the column URL for example (List settings>select a column and the internal name is at the end of the URL, this is what PowerApps will see and suggest).

As a best practice i would also recommend not to use "-" or spaces in column names as PowerApps will then display strange names with x0020_ characters for example.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft Employee

Hello @JulieTE,

It is not clear to me why the column is not accessible. I noticed however that the field "Author" is suggested to you by the Studio (in the second picture) while that column is clearly not in your list (picture one). Are you sure the "Audit 55+1 - Area_Auditor" is indeed the correct list name (from the second picture)?

Hi Julie

First column of sp list is called Title (or Titre). PowerApps uses the internal name to refers to that column even if you rename it. So try using Title 🙂

Regards

JulieTE
Level: Powered On

Yes it works !  How did you figure it out ? That behaviour is kind of stupid, I've been searching a long time and it complicated the project so much.

Thank you !

Highlighted

Good news 🙂 Just the experience. Now you know PowerApps with SPO is using internal names that you can find at the end of the column URL for example (List settings>select a column and the internal name is at the end of the URL, this is what PowerApps will see and suggest).

As a best practice i would also recommend not to use "-" or spaces in column names as PowerApps will then display strange names with x0020_ characters for example.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 127 members 5,089 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: