cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rainingtalent
Level: Powered On

Mixing delegatable and non-delegatable functions

Does mixing delegable functions and non-delegatable functions work? I figured I could filter down the results for delegatable functions to around less than 500, then use that as a source for a non-delegable function and filter it even further, kind of this this

Filter(Filter(Task, mainexecid=executiveid), Task_x0020_Status='Tasks View Type'.Value, Executive.Id=MainExec.ID)

The inside filter is delegatable since it just compares 2 text fields (mainexecid and executiveid), however, the outside filter takes it as a source and compares lookup values, which makes it delegatable.

My question is less about effeciency because I have specific requirements for doing this, but more so questioning if this works... or does everything automatically become non-delegatable?

1 REPLY 1
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Mixing delegatable and non-delegatable functions

Yes, it works. If the "inner" filter can be completely delegated to the server, then it will be. In your scenario, the server will filter the data based on the value of the 'mainexecid' column, and the result will be filtered locally based on the value of the other columns in the client.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 243 members 6,398 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: