cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngreen
Level: Powered On

Mobile App freezing when navigating to a photo gallery after taking a photo with the Camera control

So I am trying to build out a camera control and resulting image gallery for a mobile app. I had the camera control take a picture when a button was pressed, and then you could navigate to a gallery and view the images. The problem was, the gallery was blank. I found out the button was the problem, so I removed it and set the camera OnSelect to take the photo. Now the gallery works and displays images properly in the web version of PowerApps; however, when I load the app on my phone, my device locks up when navigating from the camera control to the screen with the gallery. I've tried this on my Pixel 2 and a co-workers Pixel 3. 

Camera is named MyCamera

OnSelect: Collect(MyPix,MyCamera.Photo); UpdateContext({shutter:true})

Button4 OnSelect: Navigate(CameraGallery,None)

Images in PhotoGallery

Image:ThisItem.Url

Let me know if you need any additional information, or if anyone has any idea why this is locking up the app. Strange that the change would cause this, but I don't know how to get my images to display any other way. I guess I could remove the option to view the photos in a gallery screen?

7 REPLIES 7
ngreen

Re: Mobile App freezing when navigating to a photo gallery after taking a photo with the Camera control

So I found a thread telling the OP to turn off "Improved app rendering (final validation)" I tried this and my app still freezes, but it freezes slightly differently where the camera view still functions rather than the camera view also freezing

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Mobile App freezing when navigating to a photo gallery after taking a photo with the Camera control

Hi @ngreen ,

I just tested with a same app and I cannot reproduce your issue on my iPhone. Have you tested with other mobiles? Is it an iOS phone or Android phone? Have your updated the PowerApps application to the latest version?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ngreen

@v-monli-msft 

I am running the latest version of PowerApps on Android 10. I can replicate the issue on other Android phones. 

MarineFlow

I have the same issue with a Samsung S9 with Android Version 9

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ngreen ,

How many photos that you took before navigating to the next screen?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ngreen

@v-monli-msft 

At least one photo will cause the app to crash. Taking no photos is the only way to keep it from crashing when navigating. More than one photo brings about the same result as only one photos.

Highlighted
MarineFlow

Yes, I have the same issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,071)