cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dvictor881
Level: Powered On

Multi select Values PowerApps to Flow

I am using SharePoint as the backend and have multi select value in PowerApps which is working as expected. It is a new form for the list and in PowerApps, I am able to select multiple values through dropdown.

After user fill out the form and select multiple options, I would like to submit that form back to the list and send an email with all the selection. Submit Form action is working without any issues. I am using Flow to send an email and it is only able to show the last selected value in that dropdown field. So for e.g. If I have choices from A to Z and I select A, B, E, P in the dropdown and click submit to start the flow, it will only capture P as the selected value. Here is my formula for the flow:

EmailNotification_Run(User().Email, DataCardValue5.Selected.Value)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Multi select Values PowerApps to Flow

@Dvictor881

DataCardValue5.Selected.Value would save just last selected value. You need to use SelectedItems property of the Combo-box and DataCardValue5.SelectedItems returns a table of the selected values, you need to use the Concat function to concatenate/merge all the values.

Try this

EmailNotification_Run(User().Email, Concat(DataCardValue5.SelectedItems.Value,", "))

Vivek Bavishi aka That API Guy
PowerApps and Flow MVP
Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Community Profile | GitHub

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

@Dvictor881

DataCardValue5.Selected.Value would save just last selected value. You need to use SelectedItems property of the Combo-box and DataCardValue5.SelectedItems returns a table of the selected values, you need to use the Concat function to concatenate/merge all the values.

Try this

EmailNotification_Run(User().Email, Concat(DataCardValue5.SelectedItems.Value,", "))

PowerApps and Flow MVP

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Dvictor881

Thanks for the reply. I am not getting any value now. It is only showing ',,,' if I use this :

EmailNotification_Run(User().Email, Concat(DataCardValue9.SelectedItems.Value,","))

Dvictor881

Never mind. It worked perfectly. I changed it to SelectedItems.Value and that's the reason it was not showing any values. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Dvictor881

good catch. thanks

I modified the reply so that others who see don't have to figure it out.

PowerApps and Flow MVP

RezaX

I have the same issue, but sorry I can't get whats the solution!

I am using this: Concat(cmbProcess.SelectedItems.Value,", "), but I get ", , , "

would you please elaborate a bit how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance

RezaX

OK. I was using a wrong formula for Concat function!

It should be Concat(cmbProcess.SelectedItems,Value,", ") instead of Concat(cmbProcess.SelectedItems.Value,", ")

"Value" should be second parameter for Concat function.

Cheers 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,379)