cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKH19
Level: Powered On

Multiple Child Records on the Same Parent Form

Hi,

I have a parent Employee entity and a child Test entity. For every employee there are 4 test records and for every test record there are various attributes (completed on, expires on, status, etc.)

I want the user to be able to select an employee from a combo box and then see the name for each of the 4 tests (Test A, Test B, Test C and Test D) and, next to each test, a card to edit each of the Test's attributes. Like this (roughly):

image.png

The only way I can think to do this is using custom cards on a form along with a lot of complex filtering and patching code for each individual control.

Is there a better way to do parent-child relationships like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Multiple Child Records on the Same Parent Form

Could you use a gallery that gets filtered based on the selected Employee and then in the gallery you would display the fields you want from the filtered Test records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Could you use a gallery that gets filtered based on the selected Employee and then in the gallery you would display the fields you want from the filtered Test records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

SKH19
Level: Powered On

@Jeff_Thorpe 

Yeah that's pretty much what I ended up doing. The combo box filters a gallery of tests, which can then be edited individually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 300 members 5,449 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: