cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKH19
Level 8

Multiple Child Records on the Same Parent Form

Hi,

I have a parent Employee entity and a child Test entity. For every employee there are 4 test records and for every test record there are various attributes (completed on, expires on, status, etc.)

I want the user to be able to select an employee from a combo box and then see the name for each of the 4 tests (Test A, Test B, Test C and Test D) and, next to each test, a card to edit each of the Test's attributes. Like this (roughly):

image.png

The only way I can think to do this is using custom cards on a form along with a lot of complex filtering and patching code for each individual control.

Is there a better way to do parent-child relationships like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Multiple Child Records on the Same Parent Form

Could you use a gallery that gets filtered based on the selected Employee and then in the gallery you would display the fields you want from the filtered Test records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Could you use a gallery that gets filtered based on the selected Employee and then in the gallery you would display the fields you want from the filtered Test records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

SKH19
Level 8

@Jeff_Thorpe 

Yeah that's pretty much what I ended up doing. The combo box filters a gallery of tests, which can then be edited individually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,305)