cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damnic
Level: Power Up

Multiple Selection list box field how to filter in Browse Screen Gallery for one of the values ?

Dear community,

I've a Sharepoint list where I've a Multiple selection list field (Choice type) with different values inside.

List has been populated selecting different values for each record and filtering from Sharepoint to research and filter by a specific value is not a problem in Sharepoint.

I would like to be able to apply a similar filter in Power apps where selecting one of the values of that field the Browse Screen Gallery filter for it.

Is it possible to have this kind of functionality and if yes how?

Imagine a contact list where each contact have different "Skills" selected (skills is my multi choice field).

IN PowerApps I would like to select one of that values and have the Browse screen Gallery filtered for it.

I'm always using the default text searchbox as filter, I've to use other controls? How?

Thanks in advance for you help

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Multiple Selection list box field how to filter in Browse Screen Gallery for one of the values ?

Hi @damnic,

My understanding is that you are trying to Filter the gallery with a combo box which contains the data from a multi-choices column.

If so, then you should follow below steps to achieve this:

1. Insert a combo box control, set its Items property to:

Choices(ListName.MultiChoice)

MultiChoice is my choice column name.

2. Set the Items property of the gallery to:

Filter(ListName, 
First(ComboBox1.SelectedItems) in MultiChoice &&
Last(FirstN(ComboBox1.SelectedItems,2)) in MultiChoice &&
Last(FirstN(ComboBox1.SelectedItems,3)) in MultiChoice &&
)

How "......" shows depends on how many options you have for this choice column.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
damnic
Level: Power Up

Re: Multiple Selection list box field how to filter in Browse Screen Gallery for one of the values ?

Hello Mona and first of all thanks for your reply.

I immediatly tried your solution but I receive different errors.

The Choices function in the ComboBox works fine, so I see the values I see in Sharepoint.

When apply the filter something does not work and selecting any values fomr the ComboBox do nothing, below my Combobox formula where SIIndustry is the Choice type column in Sharepoint with multi selection option.

Choices('Omron System Integrator List'.SIIndustry)

Than the filter below:

Filter('Omron System Integrator List',First(ComboBox3.SelectedItems) in SIIndustry && Last(FirstN(ComboBox3.SelectedItems,2)) in SIIndustry &&Last(FirstN((ComboBox3.SelectedItems,3)))

In attachment you can see the 2 errors I receive.

Thanks in advance

merly_cortez
Level: Powered On

This has helped me and is working well. But almost a year later, just wondering if there's a smarter way of doing it.

But, not complaining. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 365 members 6,041 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: