cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_M
Level: Powered On

Multiple text input

Hello again, 

I'm creating an application, and i will give you an example for better understanding the situation. 

I need to fill in the hardware that i will deliver this could be 1 piece but it also could be 20 pieces. You will understand when i need to place 20 or more textboxes in the app it would be a long form. 

Example:

I have a textbox named txtHardware1, and i have another textbox named txtHardware2. I would like to know if its possible txtHardware2 only become visble when txtHardwar1 is filled in. 

Thanks for all the help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
hpkeong
Level 10

Re: Multiple text input

Hi

Have you input to the right variable?
It must be .Visible =
I can't reproduce yours.
Let me check again and share here later when my computer can access from web.

Screenshot (249).png

hpkeong

View solution in original post

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

Yes, definitely possible.

Just sharing: All the Properties  on the left hand side are NOT FIXED VALUE

All of them can be defined as a Variable or with Formula.

In this case, since the 3rd TextInput is moving from Top or Bottom and vice versa, then just set the formula for Y Value as

- TextInput.Y = If(IsBlank(TextInput1.Text), 170, 540)

The Value 170, 540 are the Y value, in which, before I set the formula, I manually move the TextInput to the position I wish to place and write the Y value before inputing here. It is up to you.

In fact, by using Timer and OnTimerEnd, we can have animation effect. (Move up and down automatically based on timer).

I don;t think you can find the asnwer in this forum, but you can get it in old forum at

- Project Siena Forum, Animation,

Screenshot (252).pngTopScreenshot (253).pngBottom

Hope this helps.

hpkeong

12 REPLIES 12
hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

Please try this
Txthardware2.Visible = !IsBlank(TextHardware1.Text).

Hope this helps.
hpkeong
Nick_M

I tried this, but when i do it. and i will typ something in txtHardware1 txtHardware2 will show value true and when there is no value in txtHardware1 the value of txtHardware2 will be false

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

Have you input to the right variable?
It must be .Visible =
I can't reproduce yours.
Let me check again and share here later when my computer can access from web.

Screenshot (249).png

hpkeong

Nick_M

Thanks this is working. Now i have another question, the app does have datacards in the datacards are the textboxes, those are invisble now. But when i run the app the places where the textboxes are, are white now is there any way to fixt this?

Maybe with flexibel position or something like that?

So what i mean is i have more textboxes and between textbox Omschrijving and textbox Omschrijving_Werkzaamheden are the invisible textboxes hardware, But the space between omschrijving and Omschrijving_Werkzaamheden is white now, is there any way to make it possible that when there is no hardware to deliver (and the hardware texboxes are invisible) textbox Omschrijving_Werkzaamheden is directly under textbox Omschrijving?

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

I would be glad if you can have screenshot, with explanation for better understanding of your problems.

Have a nice day.

Thanks.

hpkeong
Nick_M

Knipsel.PNGKnipsel1.PNG

This is what i mean, you can see on the first screenshot when the first textbox does not have a value the textboxes are invisible, and in the second screenshot you can see when the first texbox does have value the second textbox is visble. 

On the bottom is a visible textbox, now is my question, is it possible when the invisible textboxes does not have a value the textbox on the bottom, moves under the first visible textbox, and when the second textbox does have a value the bottom visible textbox comes under the second textbox.

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

Yes, definitely possible.

Just sharing: All the Properties  on the left hand side are NOT FIXED VALUE

All of them can be defined as a Variable or with Formula.

In this case, since the 3rd TextInput is moving from Top or Bottom and vice versa, then just set the formula for Y Value as

- TextInput.Y = If(IsBlank(TextInput1.Text), 170, 540)

The Value 170, 540 are the Y value, in which, before I set the formula, I manually move the TextInput to the position I wish to place and write the Y value before inputing here. It is up to you.

In fact, by using Timer and OnTimerEnd, we can have animation effect. (Move up and down automatically based on timer).

I don;t think you can find the asnwer in this forum, but you can get it in old forum at

- Project Siena Forum, Animation,

Screenshot (252).pngTopScreenshot (253).pngBottom

Hope this helps.

hpkeong

Nick_M

Is there also anyway to auto change the height of a textbox? When i set Height on auto, i cant fill in the textbox, because the textbox is flat.

hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

May you try this:
TextBox.Height : If(!IsBlank(TextBox.Text), Auto)

Please try.
hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 93 members 5,451 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: