cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ashiqf
Level: Powered On

Multiselect People Picker column - Entering multiple Email address seperated by semicolon

Hi Everyone,

I have a Multiple Selections enabled people people picker column added to a list which has powerapp interface. I am able to enter multiple users on the field either by using email address or display name by selecting one from the suggestions shown on the field. By this way I can enter users one after another. If there are more number of users (100), it is time consuming to enter user data one by one wait for suggestions then to proceed for the next one.

I need some options on the field to enter users data on one single go seperated by semicolon or comma as we do in outlook interface.

ex: abc@dot.com;def@dot.com;hij@dot.com

In powerapps form, for a people picker column it creates a combobox control. Could you please help I am struggling to find a way to overcome this.

Thanks,

Mohamed Ashiq Faleel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Multiselect People Picker column - Entering multiple Email address seperated by semicolon

Hi @ashiqf ,

Do you want to enter data to combo box without clicking on the selection?

I'm afraid it's not supported to make this currently in PowerApps.

The search box inside the combo box is used to filter data, not entering  data.

If you just enter data inside it, not making selction, the data can not be updated to combo box's SelcetedItems.

What's more, combo box's SelcetedItems can't be set by other settings. It can only be updated according to your selections in combo box.

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious advice will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

What's more, if you want to update people filed by typing words, you could use textinput control insted of combo box control. 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Multiselect People Picker column - Entering multiple Email address seperated by semicolon

Hi @ashiqf ,

Could you describe more clearly about what you want?

Which one do you want to?

1)enter data in sharepoint list and if you enter ";"in people field, it will be seen as a separator.

2)enter data in PowerApps and  if you enter ";"in people field, it will be seen as a separator.

As far as I know, in sharepoint list and PowerApps,  after you choose one user, it will go seperated automatically with the following user.

So I'm a little confused about your demands.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ashiqf

Thanks for your response. The data is enterered on the powerapps interface (Option 2). I am looking for something similar to resolve or CTRL+K in outlook application where it automatically resolves the users email if the email address are semicolon seperated and actually exists.

for ex abc@dot.com;def@dot.com;hij@dot.com, it has 3 email address after entering it should automatically select the users and resolve it to their display name without we typing in the user name or email and selecting from the suggestions.
If the email address are incorrect it should not resolve.

Hope its clear.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ashiqf ,

I'm afraid it's not supported to make this currently in PowerApps.

The search box inside the combo box is used to filter data, not entering  data.

If you just enter data inside it, not making selction, the data can not be updated to combo box's SelcetedItems.

What's more, combo box's SelcetedItems can't be set by other settings. It can only be updated according to your selections in combo box.

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious advice will be very helpful for our work.

What's more, if you want to update people filed by typing words, you could use textinput control insted of combo box control. 

Best regards,

View solution in original post

ashiqf

@v-yutliu-msft wrote:

Hi @ashiqf ,

Yes if there are more no of users to be fed in to the column.

I will put a request here. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,343)