Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ArjunSandhu
Level: Powered On

My PowerApp is no longer connecting to my SharePoint list

Hi,

Before today I was able to pull a value from a SharePoint list (created the variable in PowerApps) and have it entered into a new SharePoint list item once the form has been submitted but now it isn't working. The connection has been lost despite reconnecting the data source and refreshing.

Please can you help.

Thanks in advance.

Arj

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: My PowerApp is no longer connecting to my SharePoint list

You didn't specify if this is online or on premise.  I have had problems from time to time when connecting to an on premise data source because I forgot to establish my VPN connection thru the firewall.  

If that is not a factor, I recommend deleting and readding the data source.  That will often correct the problem.  

ArjunSandhu

It is online and I have tried deleting & readding the data source but it didn't work 😞

Super User
Super User

You might try to create a quick new application using the same connection data source to see if you can access it there.  If so, the connection is good and the problem is not with the connection itself, but rather something else in your app. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ArjunSandhu ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Is there any error message within your app? If true, could you please show more details about it?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check if the SP List connection is invalid in your PowerApps. Please consider go to "Data"- >"Connections" in your PowerApps portal, then find your SP List connection, then check if it has faced the "Fix connection" issue. If true, please consier click "Fix connection" to update your SP List connection.2.JPG

In addition, also please consider remove all SP List connections from above Connection List, then re-create a new one, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ArjunSandhu

Hi,

The status was connected and I tried deleting the connection from here then readding and it still didn't work. I am going to try and create a new app then connect to the data source from scratch to see if that works!

Cheers.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ArjunSandhu ,

Yeah, please take a try to re-create a new app on your side, check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 5,845 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: