cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMohaisen
Level: Powered On

Navigate to another screen when clicking on gallery item

Hello All,

I have gallery connected to a SharePoint list, is there a way if i click on one of the items it will take me to different screen?

i am not able to select the items one-by-one from the gallery and change the "onselect" value because this is a gallery and it will only allow me to do it only if i select the first top left item.

attached an example

what i treid is i put the screen name into the item "Title" and write the following:

Navigate(ThisItem.Title)

but it did not work..

any ideas!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Navigate to another screen when clicking on gallery item

@EMohaisen 

If I understand you correctly, you are wanting to navigate to a screen by reference to the item.  For example, if the Item had a title of "screen1" you would want to Navigate to screen1 and if it was "screen2" you would want to Navigate to screen2.

I am afraid this is not possible in PowerApps.  There is an Idea in the Idea Forum that relates to this, should you wish to vote on it.

As it is right now, you would need to use logic in your OnSelect formula to do this, similar to this:

Switch(ThisItem.Title,
    "screen1", Navigate(screen1, None),
    "screen2", Navigate(screen2, None),
etc...

I hope this addresses your question and that I understood what you are intending to do properly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@EMohaisen 

If I understand you correctly, you are wanting to navigate to a screen by reference to the item.  For example, if the Item had a title of "screen1" you would want to Navigate to screen1 and if it was "screen2" you would want to Navigate to screen2.

I am afraid this is not possible in PowerApps.  There is an Idea in the Idea Forum that relates to this, should you wish to vote on it.

As it is right now, you would need to use logic in your OnSelect formula to do this, similar to this:

Switch(ThisItem.Title,
    "screen1", Navigate(screen1, None),
    "screen2", Navigate(screen2, None),
etc...

I hope this addresses your question and that I understood what you are intending to do properly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

EMohaisen
Level: Powered On

@RandyHayes 

Thanks a lot!!! it's working as I expect!!

excellent idea and thanks again for your help 🙂

much appreciated Randy

reg,
Eyad

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,919)