cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumitmukund
Level: Powered On

Need guidance on PowerApps Licensing

Hi All,

I went through numerous articles/posts and the pricing page of PowerApps/Plans but still left confused. Below are the scenarios for which any guidance/inputs would be of great help.

1. I have a PowerApps license P1. Do users of the app also need same license in order to run the apps?

2. If i have a PowerApps license P2 and i develop the app using the same.Do users of the app also need same license in order to run the apps or if they have P1 plan that would enable them to use the same?

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks

Sumit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Need guidance on PowerApps Licensing

Hi @sumitmukund 

The end users do not need a license that matches the license of the author of a PowerApp.

Let's suppose you build an app with your P1 license that connects to an on-premise SQL Server database. This is a typical scenario that requires a P1 license. In this situation, your end users will need to have a P1 license to run your app. 

Let's imagine a second scenario where you build an app with your P1 license that connects to SharePoint online. In this scenario, your end users will not need a P1 license because this functionality is provided in the lower-level Office 365 license.

In either case, it's worth mentioning that the licensing model will change very soon. PowerApps will soon be licensed on a per app or per user model, so the P1/P2 model will soon become redundant.

Hope that's of some help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Need guidance on PowerApps Licensing

Hi @sumitmukund 

The end users do not need a license that matches the license of the author of a PowerApp.

Let's suppose you build an app with your P1 license that connects to an on-premise SQL Server database. This is a typical scenario that requires a P1 license. In this situation, your end users will need to have a P1 license to run your app. 

Let's imagine a second scenario where you build an app with your P1 license that connects to SharePoint online. In this scenario, your end users will not need a P1 license because this functionality is provided in the lower-level Office 365 license.

In either case, it's worth mentioning that the licensing model will change very soon. PowerApps will soon be licensed on a per app or per user model, so the P1/P2 model will soon become redundant.

Hope that's of some help.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,734)