cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iamoscarlito
Level: Powered On

Need help in saving selected gallery items in my list

Hi! I was following the tutorial on handling the multi-select patterns by Vasavi Bhaviri Setty on https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multi-select-pattern-on-sharepoint-lists/ and succeeded in creating a form with 2 dropdowns(Machine & Frequency of maintenance) that give options for users to fill out the maintenance record for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annually checklist using checkboxes depending on their choice.

I created a formula for the Gallery Items to filter how the checkboxes will be displayed using ---. Filter(ActivityCodes,ID in Filter(ActivityCodes,MID=MachineDropdown.Selected.Id && FID=FrequencyDropdown.Selected.Id ).ID).Title --

to display the title of the checkboxes coming from my ActivityCodes list and it is working whenever the dropboxes were changed.

saveToMachinePoints.JPG

The form was based on LineActivities list and I have no problem saving the Machine info in that list. 
My only problem is how to save the data into my MachineCheckPoints list which basically saves the items in iteration using ForAll

• ID – Integer(auto-generated)
  • MachineCPID- Integer
  • MachineActID- Integer
  • ItemsChecked– Text

I could not figure it out why I cannot pass the  MachineActID and ItemsChecked from the Gallery Items and saved it. 

I am stuck with 
ForAll(Filter(Gallery6.AllItems,Checkbox6.Value = true), Patch( MachineCheckPoints, Defaults(MachineCheckPoints),{ MachineCPID:EditForm1.LastSubmit.ID,MachineActID:BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID,ItemsChecked: Title}));

but it is not saving the data in my MachineCheckPoints list. 
What is the correct way to capture the checked Gallery items and get the gallery ID's and save into my MachineCheckPoints list?.  Also is there a way that I can save the gallery items(titles) in one column of my LineActivities list? Is it possible?

Here's the screenshot of my EditForm1 onSuccess

AddtoMachineCheckPoints.JPG

Can you tell me what is wrong with my app?

2 REPLIES 2
Lisabel0
Level 8

Re: Need help in saving selected gallery items in my list

Please first share the example of the 2 data sources that you used. Not sure which one has what columns.

iamoscarlito
Level: Powered On

Re: Need help in saving selected gallery items in my list

See attached LIsts/Tables I used to display the dropdowns and the gallery item. For the 2 dropdowns i used Machine and Frequency Lists. I then created the Activity Codes to display the Gallery Items in the form using LineActivities as the base list.

Machine.JPG

Frequency.JPG

ActivityCodes.JPG

LineActivities.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,758)