cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sketro
Level: Powered On

Need help with patch multiple updates in gallery

Hi

I have data from O365 dynamics DS. I have built a gallery with textinput boxes to allow editing values.

Everything works except updating records, i've tried patch command here is my code:

Patch('DS',ForAll(Gallery2.AllItems,{,ds_field1:[@TextInput1],ds_field2:[@TextInput2]}))

the code runs and i see the dots but no update and no error

also what i'm not sure about is how does patch know which row to update, do i need to pass in a guid for the row ?

essentialy i have two textboxes in the gallery and one is numeric which needs to be updated

thanks for taking a look

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sketro

Re: Need help with patch multiple updates in gallery

ok so this was the final code. a huge shoutout to @Meneghino for going the super extra mile over skype to help get this working he really knows his stuff !!

Patch('Data source', Gallery2.AllItems, AddColumns(DropColumns(Gallery2.AllItems, "columntoedit"),"columntoedit", Value(TextInputX.Text)))

works pretty fast too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @Sketro

Please try this and let me know:

ForAll(Gallery2.AllItems, Patch('DS',{ID:ID},{ds_field1:TextInput1.Text,ds_field2:TextInput2.Text}))

The ID should be your primary key field, assuming that only one field participates in the primary key.

Once you get this to work, I can provide more efficient code.

PS Just re-read your post and you mention something about a numeric field, so for that one you need this:

Value(TextInputX.Text)
Sketro

@Meneghinothanks for the quick reply, 50% there, but now all values update to the same amount when i update a single cell. must be passing the wrong id somewhere.

Sketro

ok so this was the final code. a huge shoutout to @Meneghino for going the super extra mile over skype to help get this working he really knows his stuff !!

Patch('Data source', Gallery2.AllItems, AddColumns(DropColumns(Gallery2.AllItems, "columntoedit"),"columntoedit", Value(TextInputX.Text)))

works pretty fast too.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 460 members 6,429 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: