cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Digital
Level 8

Nest gallery items under category header where header is from SharePoint choice field

I have a gallery of apps users can select. The gallery items is a collection which is populated by a SharePoint list. I would like to display the app category with the apps listed under the header. Is is currently being displayed on each gallery row.

The app category is stored in a SharePoint choice field in the same list as all the other items. I have tried renaming columns and using group by but can't get it to work. I'm a PowerApps rookie so thought there is probably a straightforward way of achieving this.

Alternatively maybe I could overlay text fields in the right position as a hack but they could easily fall out of position when the app gets scaled etc.

This is is how it looks at the moment

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.10.20.png

I want to get the app categories to display like this 

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.10.52.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Nest gallery items under category header where header is from SharePoint choice field

Hi @Digital ,

You can follow the guidance from Paul O'Flaherty's YouTube Video: PowerApps Sub Galleries Expand and Collapse .

That is about how to expand and collapse a nested gallery.

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Digital
Level 8

Re: Nest gallery items under category header where header is from SharePoint choice field

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.19.58 PM.png

Digital
Level 8

Oops for some reason none of the text came through with previous response. I'll try again...

I put this on the visible property of the App Category. Each of the App title listed is the first item under that category.

This works, however I'm aware this is a bit of a hack and if the app list gets changes it could break.

ThisItem.Title="Authorities System" ||
ThisItem.Title="Log an Incident" ||
ThisItem.Title="Site Entry Request" ||
ThisItem.Title="Maximo Work Order KPIs for Supervisors" ||
ThisItem.Title="IPL" ||
ThisItem.Title="Safe Walk/Hauora Hikoi logger" ||
ThisItem.Title="Bus Timetable" ||
ThisItem.Title="Duty Roster"

Ideally I want the app titles to bunch closer together. Would I have to use a flexible height gallery for this? At the moment my list looks like this:

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Digital ,

You can follow the guidance from Paul O'Flaherty's YouTube Video: PowerApps Sub Galleries Expand and Collapse .

That is about how to expand and collapse a nested gallery.

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Digital
Level 8

Thank you, that looks just the ticket. I'll give it a go and report back. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,767)