cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBeyazyurek
Level: Power Up

Nested Gallery Issue - No Item To Display

I have a nested gallery and when I run it and select an item, I get the "No Item To Display" message. The control is set to Select(Parent). And the BrowseGallery1 OnSelect is set to Navigate(DetailScreen1, None).

If I Cut and Paste my gallery to the top level, so it is no longer nested, the control works again and takes me to the Detail Screen with the selected item details. If I move it back inside of the other gallery again, I get the "No Item To Display" message once again.

What am I missing, or what change do I need to make to my OnSelect to make this show the item when the gallery is nested with another gallery?

11-15-2019 3-24-01 PM.jpg              11-15-2019 3-25-13 PM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
datamaster
Level 8

Re: Nested Gallery Issue - No Item To Display

Try to set the BrowseGallery1 onSelect to Set(varItem,ThisItem) and then select the item property of the form to varItem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------OfficePowerUser.com------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
datamaster
Level 8

Try to set the BrowseGallery1 onSelect to Set(varItem,ThisItem) and then select the item property of the form to varItem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------OfficePowerUser.com------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up. 

View solution in original post

JBeyazyurek
Level: Power Up

This worked perfectly. Thank you very much @datamaster . I am just getting my feet wet with PowerApps and the transition from InfoPath has been a little challenging, honestly. Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,589)