cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BO55VXR
Level: Powered On

Nested Gallery using same datasource

Hi

I am new to power apps (but an experienced developer) and I am trying to set up an that has a nested gallery from the same data source.

The primaray data source is a SharePoint (Online) list and my intention is that the main (outer) list is filterer where "Staus = New" and it shows details of the new records ...

However, I also want to show what other items (where "status != New") within the same item template but would just be a limited set of fields from the main list.

In the image below (done in Exdel), the red outline is the main list item and the blue outline are three other requests for the same person ... but is all in the same data source

powerapps question.png

I've seen questions on here about nested gallerys but this are all based on parent-child data model .. whereas my data is all in a single SharePoint list

Thanks

Chris...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JRaasumaa
Level 10

Re: Nested Gallery using same datasource

So short answer, yes you can have a nested gallery and just simply filter it using your existing colllection/data source.

For example: 

Say your gallery is using a collection called Requests.

You would want your nested gallery to filter based on whatever criteria you'd like, for example the persons name, by changing the nested gallery items to 

Filter(Requests, Name = ThisItem.Name)

ThisItem. refers to the current "row" in the gallery and the field you want to look at.

Then it's just a matter of doing things like removing the nested gallery padding and lining up the fields you want to show etc.

Hopefully that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JRaasumaa
Level 10

So short answer, yes you can have a nested gallery and just simply filter it using your existing colllection/data source.

For example: 

Say your gallery is using a collection called Requests.

You would want your nested gallery to filter based on whatever criteria you'd like, for example the persons name, by changing the nested gallery items to 

Filter(Requests, Name = ThisItem.Name)

ThisItem. refers to the current "row" in the gallery and the field you want to look at.

Then it's just a matter of doing things like removing the nested gallery padding and lining up the fields you want to show etc.

Hopefully that helps!

View solution in original post

BO55VXR

Thanks.. WIll give that a try

BO55VXR

Worked a treat .. thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,488)