cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

New Calendar Screen off by day

The new screen option for the Calendar is great...but if you compare it to Outlook it is off by one day. I'm sure it can be corrected...I haven't really broke down the code yet but be really great if ya'll can fix it to default correctly. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New Calendar Screen off by day

Hi @rebeccas,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Further, could you please share more details about the following?

@rebeccas wrote:

but if you compare it to Outlook it is off by one day.

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:2.JPG

Please also check if your PowerApps and your Outlook are in same Time Zone. Please make sure your PowerApps and Outlook are in same Time Zone.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

This is what I see in PowerApps:

PwrApp_Cal.JPG

And this is what I see in outlook:

Outlook_Cal.JPG

Powerapps is off a day..the one in Outlook is correct and PowerApps is incorrect. I know a few workaround I can do to make PowerApps show the items on the correct date but would be great to not have to do that. I did check both and my Time Zones seem to be correct. 

My calendar items I have been using here are all day events and if I put in a time it works fine. The items are added to my outlook calendar through a Flow so they are kinda funny on how they show where the start day and end day are not the same. I can probably adjust the flow to show midnight to midnight but adding some extra code in. Outlook shows the item on the calendar based off the start date, just be nice if powerapps defaulted to the same so that actually show the same but PowerApps currently shows based on the End Date.

cjnunn
Level: Powered On

I am having the same issue. All of my "All day" events are a day off in PowerApps. Did you ever find a solution to this?

NHelgren

Is the source data you are pulling from set as Date?Time or Date Only?

Date Only when saved still saves a time value to SQL which is 00:00 becausde of SQl requirements. If the UI that is interpreting a Date Only field takes time zones into account that can case date display issues.

cjnunn

The source is the Outlook calendar, which is a date-time field, according to the documentation for the Office365 connector. This issue only happens with events that are marked as "All Day" (a holiday, for example). These events show as starting at 7:00 PM (Central Time - US) the previous day. However, if there is a specified start time and end time, it is displayed correctly. This probably is related to Time Zone in some way, but I am unsure how or why it would only affect "All Day" events.

NHelgren

It is possible there could be an issue between the base time zone of the organization and the time zones of the data fields. 

Check out this article that outlines the difference between using Date Only, User Local and Time Zone independant settings and see if it helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/behavior-format-date-time-field...

cjnunn

Thanks.

I was able to find out that the "All Day" events are being saved in the UTC time zone, while all of the others are being saved in the local time zone. I guess I will have to look into a way to convert the "All Day" events back into the local time zone to get these to show correctly in PowerApps.

NHelgren

You're welcome! Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 356 members 5,362 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: