Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

New SharePoint form integration problem

Hello,

I have the following SharePoint List :

powerappqbug1.png

Only the fields City, Amount and Category can be edited. Status can only be seen.

To do so I've created 2 forms : 1 form with the 3 fields (the form name is "SharePointForm_Add_Edit") and 1 form with the 4 fields (the form name is SharePointForm_View as described below :

powerappsbug2.png

The SharePointIntegration component has been defined like this :

powerappsbug3.png

My Problem is when I edit my items in SharePoint (add, new) I get the correct form, but when I view the item I  also Get the SharePointForm_Add_edit instead of the SharePointForm_View.

Any idea ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New SharePoint form integration problem

Hi @sergeluca,

I think the issue should be the landing screen is always the first screen (in your case, it should be the FormScreenAdd ).

If you would like to view the second screen, you should first navigate to that screen.

Have you checked the following article for how the OnView of the SharePointIntegration control works?

SharePoint custom forms: Build separate forms to create, show or edit the list item

Please follow the instructions under Step 4, to configure the screen navigation.

Specially for the OnView, the formula should be in the format below:

OnView - Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(ShowItemForm); Navigate(ShowScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sergeluca,

I think the issue should be the landing screen is always the first screen (in your case, it should be the FormScreenAdd ).

If you would like to view the second screen, you should first navigate to that screen.

Have you checked the following article for how the OnView of the SharePointIntegration control works?

SharePoint custom forms: Build separate forms to create, show or edit the list item

Please follow the instructions under Step 4, to configure the screen navigation.

Specially for the OnView, the formula should be in the format below:

OnView - Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(ShowItemForm); Navigate(ShowScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Thank you for this !

I didn't see this nice blog post.

Cheers

Serge Luca

SonjaK
Level: Powered On

Hi,

I have rebuild this mentioned example but get error warnings by inserting the formulas for OnNew/OnEdit/,...

Set(SharePointFormMode; "CreateForm"); NewForm(CreateItemForm); Navigate(CreateScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

1st: issue by putting the first comma right before "CreateForm" >> expected "ParenClose,.... more I cannot read because the Set Formula explaination is overlaying the info   ----    I have changed this to a comma and red underline disappears

(I am working with a "german" powerapps webbrowser version - we detect this sometimes, that such things needs to be changed :-()

2nd: the "CreateForm" is red - no comment - but if I try to enter the text I am not getting the function/field in the proposal list as I do get if for example for CreateItemForm....

3rd: the ; after "CreateForm") is red underlined and I receive a "unexpected token" infor - changing to comma does not help in this case...

Same issues for all the other formulas like OnEdit, OnView,...

Thanks and regards,

Sonja

SonjaK

Hi, I have solved the issue with the formula be changing the unexpected token to "||"

regards

Sonja

PeJa
Level: Power Up

Hi Sonja,

I followed your instructions and get ride of the warnings but still not able to load the customized New form. i always get the ShowScreen Form.

JoanaVB

Hi Sonja, I had to use ;; in Portugal instead of "||" between each command and also ; instead of ,.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,745)