cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtjm
Level: Powered On

New Tree View panel cannot be resized

The new Tree View rolled out yesterday might be an April Fools joke. You can no longer resize the width of the tree view panel. So almost all of my control names are only half visible and i have to go to the bottom of the panel to get a horizontal scrollbar to go back and forth to see all my control names.

I can also collapse the tree view so it is not visible? I asked every person I know who uses PowerApps and not a single person said they would ever collapse the tree view. You constantly need it to get around the application especially when you have formulas hiding controls.

You now also can expand out the icon to show entire panel to display the words "Tree View", Why?
I can only assume more icons will appear in this new vertical panel?

Please bring back the ability to resize the tree view panel.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: New Tree View panel cannot be resized

@dtjm 

Not that it helps you, but I'm not seeing this on my side with the new version.  Are you still having the issue?

Possibly a browser cached issue?  Maybe try another browser session and see if that helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dtjm ,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue within your app?

Which version is your PowerApps Studio?

Do you want to resize the Tree View Panel within your PowerApps Studio?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of my PowerApps Studio is 3.19033.13. Please check the following GIF screenshot:Test.gif

Please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, then sign in your PowerApps Studio, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket for help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

I am having this problem as well of no width control. Your GIF doesn't show the latest Tree view UI. Can you try again with latest?

Super User
Super User

@BrianHFASPS @v-xida-msft @dtjm 

Yes...I too am now seeing this behavior.  Can definitely collapse it all the way, but there is no resizing available.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Any news on the disappering width control and maybe its return?

DE1

Yeah this needs fixing. Ridiculous having to scroll horizontally back and forth to view and select controls

Highlighted
Fleur

This has been driving me insane too.  How do we get this fixed? do we need to post as an idea in UserVoice?  Or is there a better way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 85 members 5,299 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: