cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJGilbey
Level: Powered On

New entities from data (Technical Preview) errors

When attempting to create a new entitiy in CDS using a 'shaped' dataset, such as I would for PowerBI I am receiving an error message that requests that I report the error code to PowerApps Support. The codes are:

b217790f-d76a-48d9-95b9-32c632fe7f4c

d17d6177-a360-4e68-b323-270463b649c4

Here is a copy of the query being used to create the dataset (source information has been removed. It is an on-premise SQL server accessed via a data gateway). I suspect that there might be lines in the query that not yet supported, but would like confirmation. 

let
    Source = Sql.Database("SQL Server", "Database"),
    dbo_dimLocation = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="dimLocation"]}[Data],
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(dbo_dimLocation, each ([IsLocationActive] = true) and ([Country] = "AUSTRALIA") and ([OwnershipType] = "COMPANY OPERATED")),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Index", 0, 1),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Index",{"factCogs(LocationKey)", "factCogs(LocationKey) 2", "factCustomerFeedback", "factEmployeeAvailability", "factEmployeeStatistics", "factGuestFeedback", "factInventory", "factItemSales_Day", "factItemSales_Hour_Check", "factLabour_Hourly", "factLabour_Ideal", "factLabour_Timecard(LocationKey)", "factLabour_Timecard(LocationKey) 2", "factProductSales", "factPurchasesByInvoice", "factSales", "factSalesBudget", "factSalesForecast"})
in
    #"Removed Columns"

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New entities from data (Technical Preview) errors

Hi AJGilbey,

Are you trying to create a custom entity in CDS?

About how to create a custom entity in CDS, please check this documentation for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/data-platform-create-entity/

I am not sure how could use a “shaped” dataset to create a custom entity in CDS. But for the query you are using, I would suggest you post it on PowerBI forum to get the most qualified respondents.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,303)