cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ajd5588
Level: Power Up

New to PowerApps - trying to connect into Smartsheets

Hi - I am new to using Powerapps. I built a simple text entry form (created from scratch/custom, didn't use a MS template).

1. First question, how does someone "complete" or "submit" the form/app to kick off the next step in my Flow
  2. Second question, once it has been completed/submitted, I want to insert a new row into a smartsheet and populate 4 values from my app into 4 different cells in that smartsheet row. How do you do that? I created the connection, but I'm not exactly sure how to grab dynamic values from the app - I'm not seeing what I'm expecting when I search dynamic values.

I'm not a programmer or super technical, so please keep that in mind with responses. Smiley Happy Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New to PowerApps - trying to connect into Smartsheets

Hi @ajd5588,

1. We use the "SubmitForm" function in flow to do this. See here:https://powerapps.microsoft.com/sk-sk/tutorials/function-form/

2. See all the available set of functions that can be used in PowerApps with Smartsheets here:

https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/Smartsheet

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ajd5588
Level: Power Up

Re: New to PowerApps - trying to connect into Smartsheets

Thank you, @v-monli-msft. Do you know if Microsoft offers phone support for guidance on building powerapps and flows? I am still struggling with a few things that I feel could be easily figured out via a 15 min call with a Microsoft expert. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 428 members 6,721 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: