Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hemant_kr
Level: Powered On

New to Powerapps: Shout out is not working for me

Hi All,

I am new to power apps and trying to customize the Shoutout app for my organization.

When  I started to customize the app it asked me for the permission of office 365 and outlook. I customized it and saved the same, but when I am sending shoutouts to the users it's not going to anyone and also my shoutouts are not getting saved, in new session it is empty.

I read multiple threads and seems to be app saves the data in an excel sheet but the app did not ask for any connection.

Please help me with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: New to Powerapps: Shout out is not working for me

Hi @hduwja , @hemant_kr 

I just did a video with a step by step walkthrough of updating the shoutout template (I made the video after looking at this post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDEJD2LKRkc

Hopefully this will guide you'll through setting the App correctly

No doubt the template has issues, but please note this template was created a long time ago

Also, everyone on this forum tries their best to provide solutions. Sometimes it does happen that a particular query is such that it requires users to invest their time and actually recreate your scenario and hence it took this long to respond

If this video works for you, please do share your feedback and share it

Note: there are still things like the uploaded shoutout photo and other small quirks that can easily be rectified 

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @hemant_kr 

Todd Baginski had done a video on this a while ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5r58Qr_L0

It includes the demo and setup instructions for the Shout Out App

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

hemant_kr

Thanks, RezaDorani,

I checked the video you have shared, but my issue is I am not getting any alert for one drive or excel connection.

once I create the application, I am not able to save the shoutouts. I am sending shoutouts to my colleague, they are not getting it.

Please refer screenshot below, I tried to create this app again. It's asking only for office365 and outlook connection and after that nothing.

When I am saving this app it's getting saved on the cloud.

ScreenShot387.jpgselection of the appScreenShot388.jpgclicked on create appScreenShot389.jpgasking for these 2 connectionScreenShot390.jpgthis is customization tab- no excel or one drive connection.

hduwja

I have the same problem and waiting to solve it.

hemant_kr

I thought I will get the solution on this big platform. But in one month I did not get any solution. Sad to realize that this big brand doesn't have solutions for simple queries.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @hduwja , @hemant_kr 

I just did a video with a step by step walkthrough of updating the shoutout template (I made the video after looking at this post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDEJD2LKRkc

Hopefully this will guide you'll through setting the App correctly

No doubt the template has issues, but please note this template was created a long time ago

Also, everyone on this forum tries their best to provide solutions. Sometimes it does happen that a particular query is such that it requires users to invest their time and actually recreate your scenario and hence it took this long to respond

If this video works for you, please do share your feedback and share it

Note: there are still things like the uploaded shoutout photo and other small quirks that can easily be rectified 

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

View solution in original post

hemant_kr

Thanks, Reza,
this video was very helpful to customize the app. As I mentioned, I am new to power apps, it was really difficult to know the reason. Now I have an idea about coding and other parts so I can work with the Apps.

Really appreciate your effort. Thanks a lot.

Thank-You-Sayings-FT.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,758)