cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian-at-lane
Level: Powered On

Newbie here, need to capture photo and populate image form field

I am a new to PowerApps and my first project is to create a visitor registration app for our reception desk. I have read various articles regarding Visitor Registration and they have proved very helpful. I am at a point now where I need to capture a picture of our visitor and attach the collected image to the image form field. I am at a loss. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Newbie here, need to capture photo and populate image form field

Hi @brian-at-lane,

To capture pictures in powerapps, you could use the camera control. For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/controls/control-camera

Then decide if it could be updated to your data source using Patch function, depending on what your data source is.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
brian-at-lane
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your response. Here is a quick breakdown of my screen setup and flow:

Screen1 = Form1 - EditForm (Collecting Name, Phone Number, Company, DateTime); Next button submits Form1 and the List is updated with the captured information.

Screen2 = Camera captures photo to collection called "VisitorPhotos", Gallery contains image preview from the image in the collection. I need the image from the collection to update the most last ID in the list (most recent ID) with the photo just captured.

I hope this makes sense and someone can assist!

Thanks!!!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @brian-at-lane,

What is the data source that you are trying to update? So far, we do not support to upload image from powerapps to sharepoint, following below idea thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Submit-captured-image-to-SharePoint-List/idi-p/2...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,365)